US Open 2020 Live now Tennis

Caporegime
Djokovic will win by default although I don't think the tournament should've been held in the first place.

Murray's currently 2 sets down and struggling in the 3rd. He did have a great win against Zverev last week but I feel this tournament is too soon for him.

Permabanned
OP
Djokovic will win by default although I don't think the tournament should've been held in the first place.

Well, why not?
Do you know how many people feel frustrated because of the lockdown of the society? Many people forgot that there is sport and sports programmes. :eek:

I can't wait everything goes back to normal.

It's offtopic but the human race has never faced such a dire situation as today.
Because there is a threat but we don't exactly know what it is.

Some virus that goes on the animals shouldn't wipe the mankind out :(

Caporegime
Great comeback so far but this is one hell of a test for his match fitness.

Well, why not?
Do you know how many people feel frustrated because of the lockdown of the society? Many people forgot that there is sport and sports programmes. :eek:
Why not? 3 of the top 10 men and 6 of the top 10 women pulled out and it's being held in Coronavirus central.

People can wait for sport but money talks which is why America are willing to risk lives.

Edit: As if he just beat him :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Watched the first set of the Murray match last night and was massively impressed with how easy Auger-Aliassime found it to hit the ball well within the court with his weapon-like forehand, he doesn't look capable of hitting the ball so hard but his technique is fantastic. Was surprised to see Murray lost in straight sets but he was clearly on the back foot very early on in the match.

I'm sure he would've coped better without a mammoth first round match and a few more matches under his belt but the clocks ticking and with the big three still on top and kids like Auger-Aliassime coming up through the ranks I'm afraid he might be done in terms of major honours.

Caporegime
Didn't think there would be a thread on this, or that the tournament would even go ahead. Fair play to Murray with the first game but not surprised he didn't get far, sounds like a number of big seeds have been knocked out already.

Soldato
Murray just didn't have anything left in the tank from the last match.

You could see he wasn't moving freely, as well - still feeling the aches and pains from the mammoth comeback in the last match.

The next time the two meet will be interesting as I'm sure that defeat will give Murray extra motivation. A defeat like that is probably exactly what he needed.

I wouldn't rule Murray out of winning major titles in the future. As soon as he's match-fit, healthy, moving freely and pain-free, he'll be back beating the best players again.

Permabanned
OP
Why not? 3 of the top 10 men and 6 of the top 10 women pulled out

This is their problem. How do all the others participate and seem not to complain?

We needed such a tournament without spectators, in quite different circumstances... to see how it will go this time.

Didn't think there would be a thread on this, or that the tournament would even go ahead. Fair play to Murray with the first game but not surprised he didn't get far, sounds like a number of big seeds have been knocked out already.

Caporegime
I'm getting as wound up as Dan Evans watching this match. You can clearly hear the staff talking between points and they're just ignoring the players and umpires requests to stop walking around between points. Lack of respect is disgusting.

Permabanned
OP
Rublev and Medvedev are strong competitors. The first won in straight sets 6-0 6-4 6-0 over Salvatore Caruso, the second won also in straight sets over Jeffrey John Wolf: 6-3 6-3 6-2.

Permabanned
OP
WOW! Novak DQ’d for clumping a ball at a line judge :eek:

I think the umpire made the wrong decision.
First of all, Djokovic wasn't even warned for the previous situation when he hit the ball against a wall.
Second - there is no proof whatsoever for two things -
that the line judge didn't overexaggerate the pain;
that Djokovic actually knew that she was exactly there and intentionally tried to hit her.

And one more thing - the speed of the ball was low - this woman should have tried to catch the ball, to move and not to sleep and wait.

Caporegime
I think the umpire made the wrong decision.
First of all, Djokovic wasn't even warned for the previous situation when he hit the ball against a wall.
Second - there is no proof whatsoever for two things -
that the line judge didn't overexaggerate the pain;
that Djokovic actually knew that she was exactly there and intentionally tried to hit her.

And one more thing - the speed of the ball was low - this woman should have tried to catch the ball, to move and not to sleep and wait.
There’s no wrong decision from the judge, it’s in the rule book as they’ve just shown on Amazon. You can’t fire a ball at anyone, regardless of it being an accident

Permabanned
OP
There’s no wrong decision from the judge, it’s in the rule book as they’ve just shown on Amazon. You can’t fire a ball at anyone, regardless of it being an accident

No, it's a matter of interpretation. This is a game in which the ball can always hit you. What if you had a winner down the line with super high speed and it hits another line judge - will they disqualify you because you just won the point?
It's a political decision, circus.

If I am Djokovic, I would try to somehow attack the decision.

They could have always dropped a game, a set against Djokovic, to warn him for the first time, to ask him to pay a fine but to throw him out of the tournament is the most brutal decision ever.

It's like in football - will you get a red card if you hit a player in front of you standing in a wall against a free kick?!

Last edited:
Caporegime
No, it's a matter of interpretation. This is a game in which the ball can always hit you. What if you had a winner down the line with super high speed and it hits another line judge - will they disqualify you because you just won the point?
It's a political decision, circus.

If I am Djokovic, I would try to somehow attack the decision.
Other players have been disqualified for exactly the same, why should Novak be any different? He was looking in the direction of where he hit the ball and still whacked it despite there being people in the firing line. There is no argument, it’s a DQ.

and your example is laughable. There’s a world of difference between hitting someone accidentally with a normal legal shot and firing a ball directly at them. Please be sensible about this. You just sound stupid atm.

Back
Top Bottom