US police thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
This is interesting, body camera footage is shown here, she actually tried to stab two girls, one who got pushed to the ground

I've watched this repeatedly and is it possible she picked up the knife from the ground instead of trying to stab the woman on the ground? That could be her self defence angle. I can't see where she first gets the knife.

Soldato
Would the use of a taser gun not have been a better choice, assuming that also carry them.

Tasers have their uses but they rely on both prongs embedding themselves sufficiently into the target or their clothing to work

They are also effectively 'one shot' devices when it comes to using them in an incident like the one we see here where as pistols can fire multiple shots in quick succession.

Reaching for the gun when someone's life is at such immediate danger is the right call.

Soldato
I've watched this repeatedly and is it possible she picked up the knife from the ground instead of trying to stab the woman on the ground? That could be her self defence angle. I can't see where she first gets the knife.
Looks to me like the dude to the right hands her the knife? Not sure where it came from before that.

Caporegime
OP

Maybe with the fat girl who went to the ground, with regards to the girl in the pink, there isn't any self-defense angle, she was literally just standing there by the car... even if she'd been involved in something earlier, she's on a public sidewalk, stood there, not attacking anyone... it's at best retaliation.

Looks to me like the dude to the right hands her the knife? Not sure where it came from before that.

Turns out she was in foster care - I'm wondering if he was her carer? Didn't stop her biological mum, who didn't even witness the incident, from appearing in front of the cameras.

Man of Honour
Maybe with the fat girl who went to the ground, with regards to the girl in the pink, there isn't any self-defense angle, she was literally just standing there by the car... even if she'd been involved in something earlier, she's on a public sidewalk, stood there, not attacking anyone... it's at best retaliation.

Wasn't the girl in pink there with her friends to allegedly jump/attack the girl who got shot? Or has that been rubbished?

If it's true is that not a self defense angle?

Caporegime
The cop turns up and in less than 10 seconds he's shooting to save that other girl's life. End of story. He doesn't know who started the fight or why. Its not even relevant.
He should have just let her stab her jugular ten times "black lives matter" after all..
Then the adult guy kerb stomp the other Black girl.
Hindsight is 20/20.

I think American cops on mass should go on strike. for 72h. Lets see how stupid it can get.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think American cops on mass should go on strike. for 72h. Lets see how stupid it can get.
I was going to post that same thing earlier to be honest. It's an interesting thought experiment but it would be a terrifying thing in reality and I doubt anyone with a conscience in the force would really want to go through with it.

Just look at the CHOP/CHAZ to see what happens. Suddenly people want the police around again!

Soldato
Maybe the only solution is to have black police officers only deal with predominantly black neighbourhoods, and white ones in predominantly white ones.

If there isn't someone of the same race as the perpetrators available, stand down until there is.

Soldato
Maybe the only solution is to have black police officers only deal with predominantly black neighbourhoods, and white ones in predominantly white ones.
Wouldn't change anything, people would still be outraged.

If there isn't someone of the same race as the perpetrators available, stand down until there is.
So the white officer just stands there whilst the black woman stabs the other woman to death? I don't think that will work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom