1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Presidential Election 2020 - Trump vs Biden

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, 29 Jun 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dowie

Capo Crimine

Again, my positon isn't dependent on what he believes - perhaps he believes there is some fraud but knows it's a bit of a long shot.... it doesn't matter - none of that makes him a dictator IMO

2. jamoor

Sgarrista

It's kind of strange how people are in the streets celebrating and crying - I am watching it on Sky news. It's almost North Korea like.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone do this in the UK apart from when we left the EU.

3. LOAM

Capodecina

4. sigma

Capodecina

I never said you did :p

5. Kyo

Soldato

No doubt a lot of his base this evening will come crashing back down to reality. You do feel sorry for those that genuinely believe in Trump.

6. Flibster

Caporegime

[​IMG]

7. StriderX

Caporegime

Perhaps, though it's hardly like the GOP even care about them beyond that, they've essentially sat on policies for decades which actively destroyed their heartlands starting with principally with Reagan's administration. As a result those heartlands are quite literally dying off from desperation and old age since there's just no jobs for young people there.

There's literally a limit on the effect of this bloc of votes so long as the fundamentals stay the same in rural counties, I think we'll be seeing a shift in rhetoric from the GOP soon assuming they still want to be relevant in the future.

8. sigma

Capodecina

It’s already sunk in, hence why I posted it before anyone mentioned total population. If wanted to mention the % of the total population I would have.

9. dowie

Capo Crimine

LOL

Do they have the baby balloon in the US or is that still owned by some UK group?

10. delta0

Soldato

I think it is the relief. I think we all feel it but even more so in the US

11. Jono8

Caporegime

So you are taking the option that he is delusional and that he has made up in his head that there was massive fraud in all the three states he needs back to win (PA, Az, Ga) then.

Fair enough.

12. Flibster

Caporegime

Yes.. THAT Steve Martin.

13. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

To all those who doubted Biden and said he was the wrong candidate, time to eat humble pie. He was the perfect candidate to beat Trump. Trump's vote count beat Obama's 2008 and 2012. No way Bernie beats Trump in this election. The job was beat Trump, Biden got it done!

14. dowie

Capo Crimine

Nope I've not claimed that. you seem to insist that I must take some positon you've decided for me, you can't seem to accept any sort of position that doesn't fit within some simplistic binary option you've come up with...

My position is pretty clear - that's he's not a dictator, it doesn't depend on second guessing what he is thinking.

15. mattx2

Wise Guy

In brooklyn right now its crazy people in the streets celebrating.

16. Jono8

Caporegime

What? Its like the opposite of "N Korea like" :confused:

17. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

I hope they don't catch covid.

18. Jono8

Caporegime

..and you like to always pretend there is some spurious ill defined position that you can take on every argument once you get cornered.

19. crazy8s

Wise Guy

One of the drawbacks is we won't have as many memes over the next 4 years :(

20. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

My Republican friends in Florida are predicting doom and gloom for the Biden administration, to quote one:
    "The amount of people alive that can be so dumb as to vote themselves into poverty. It's amazing the amount of humans that voted for Biden/Democrat. Truly amazing. The Bull Market in Mental illness continues..."
    and another replied;
    "I love how they look to Europe for 'lifestyle' without knowing that everyone in Europe is borderline poverty." lol

21. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

Biden will now. :D

22. Jono8

Caporegime

Lol, what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.