usb quick question

Soldato
ok, theres a time limit on this so i wonna try and get the info before i leave :D

me and some mates recently bought a creative zen vision m for a mate who suffered a compound fracture in his left arm (double brone snappage, and also got an infection, gotta love the NHS)

he said his pc was telling him something about high speed usb hub (but my phone was dying so i said i'd be there after dinner (bout half hour).

now i'm assuming that his pc has usb1.0 but he said he tried it on 2 pcs, both of which i think run XP and neither worked.

the creative site said that they will work with usb1.1 so do you think he has 1.0 or could it be something else? i dont know whats in the pc or how old yet, just trying to grab some ideas as i dont want to tell him he cant use his 200 quid mp3 player without changing his pc/relying on someone else!

thanks
dreadi

Soldato
If I remember correctly, all USB ports are at least ver1.1. Does the player not work in the PC at all? The high speed hub message was probably telling him that the device is not running at full USB 2.0 speed because he has a USB 1.1 port.

EDIT: Just reread your post, does the device need any drivers installing first? Thats all I can think of.

Soldato
OP
as far i am he would have figured out to put the driver disk in first, i think his commen sense would tell him that (and the instructions) but then again he is a computer person so its possible he didnt and as far as i could tell it wasnt working at all as he said he tried to pc's but as i said. i'm short of info due to phone conking out

Soldato
OP
ok after about an hour of playing with it, i managed to get it charging but it wouldnt recognise the player as plugged in so i thought i'll leave it and come home to look some stuff up but before i did that we plugged it back in so it could charge and windows came up with usual what do you want to do with this device window and there was an option with loads of bars(missing characters i guess) and it said needs provider in brackets so i clicked it and it now works fine!

anyone know what that was about :confused:

Back
Top Bottom