Useful info for NTL 10MB users suffering from poor/slow service

Soldato
Phoned NTL tonight and the customer service rep said the disconnection service was only open 9 AM to 5 PM, so will have to wait until tomorrow. I think at this rate along with the 6000 job cuts I'm going to cancel anyway and move to BT/ADSL.

Soldato
Had to phone the new 0845 number and was put through to "retentions" by the customer service. I was eventually offered 2Mb broadband, talk unlimited 24 for £22.99 a month rolling deal. Just need to confirm if line rental is with that or not.

Associate
I just got a 10mb upgrade after trying to cancel.

Read about the 120 modem and the £50 for a new modem, and stupidly bought one of ebay. Tried for 30 mins to get it working and have just read it won't work as it's registered to a different address, some people saying its like buying stolen property.

NTL can have it back when I go to another ISP, just would like to get it going so I can get 10mb instead of 3

Man of Honour
My folks just lowered the 2mb line to 1mb on ntl the other day as they wanted a better phone package to compensate monthly cost of bb/phone combined, reckon I could do a deal liek others have here with the 1mb being upgraded for free or something because theya re charging £17.99 a month for 1mb whereas other providers charge the same for 8mb - it's just so wrong how they charge so much yet when I phoned about speed upgrades few weeks back the guys said "other isps were trying to compete with our prices" and laughed :confused:

Back
Top Bottom