Useful Overclocking Applications

Associate
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but if anyone is interested on a quick read/guide with some decent apps then have a look at this months PC Format. Has small OCing guides on intel/amd cpus, gpu and ram (only basic stuff though) aswell as having a nice set of apps on the free dvd (fraps, core temp, cpuz, gpuz and a load more).

Seemed like a nice little pack really along with a basic guide on case modding (just painting, fan mounting etc). Dont usually like the mag but it was pretty decent with a dvd that could be useful to someone.

Associate
MSI Afteburner not in the GPU overclocking list of software? I recommend it highly, got my GTX 560Ti easily to 1GHz

Perfect! thanks

Although i've noticed that all 3D Marks before 2011 don't seem to work on Windows 7 :(

Have you tried running compatibility mode for XP?

Right click, Properties, Compatibility

Last edited:
Permabanned
Could someone tell me what are the best apps to use for monitoring temps?
I just finished my first ever build and I'm planning to do a bit of overclocking some time in the future,currently using asus fan expert and speed fan.

lol wow i nearly posted the following thanks to my phone's predictive text "Currently using anal fan expert" fail lol

I realize there is a list of apps posted by op but which are the best,don't really fancy downloading all of them :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom