Useful WoW related Links

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
The WoW realm status link already there shows the EU servers as well as the US ones :) But I'll add the Forums one.

Associate
Haly said:
The WoW realm status link already there shows the EU servers as well as the US ones :) But I'll add the Forums one.

Hmm, no it doesn't. a lot of the US realms have the same names as EU realms but they arn't the same. For example Aszune isn't on the US realm status page.

http://wow-europe.com/en/serverstatus/ is the EU one; recognised by the amount of "warning" signs ;)

Soldato
This ones going to be VERY individual but could we add to this a list of useful mod/addons names and what they do?

Ill start the ball rolling:

enchantrix: shows in the GUI on a mouseover what any item in its (rather comprehensive) database will dis-enchant into (inc perchantage if more than one option) god-send for enchanters

titanbar: adds a bar to the top of the screen with current pvp honour, exp per hr/time to level, bag slots left, current cash, FPS readout etc, current x,y co-ordinates as well as adding X,Y co-ord to the map. I cant live without this one now

recap: gives a very detailed breakdown of your most recent combat which (once you understand it) you can analyse for improvements in combat tactics. Gives your characters OVERALL DPS (so including buffs, use of skills etc not JUST the weapon dps) so again - you can watch for improvements etc

lootlinker: lets you know what the item is worth to sell (to vendors) and which classes can use it

auctioneer: takes a little time to get it working as it only get info from you standing at the auction house and scanning the auction, once the database is made tho will tell you recent prices etc for items (on mouseover like lootlinker and enchantrix) and suggest a good bid/buyout value

As a general suggestion tho IF and when insomniax compliation is ever updated GET THAT!!! Is MUCH more comprehensive than almost anything else available, includes an awful lot of VERY good addons. Im currently using a version of the 1.7 beta 4 release (were on 1.81 in game now so out of date) that i've played with to get working and put up with the odd error from it :D

Last edited:
Associate
For anyone that is looking to upgrade their UI i would recommending using flexbar. I wrote a little "getting started" guide for my guild which can be found here:

http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/viewtopic.php?t=255&mforum=con

Also my basic flexbar hunter UI code can be found here:
http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/viewtopic.php?t=694&mforum=con

We have a few other bits of good information on our forums too.

www.con.webhop.net you can read all the guides and information without having to sign up.

Soldato
www.shadowpanther.net - all the weapons/armour available to rogues in game ranked according to AEP (basically all the various bits that add to damage like crit etc worked into a single formula for "which is better") along with details about the various consumables and where you can find them. The site is an EXCELLENT resource for working out equipment based on your current place in the game (e.g as rogue - whats the best gear I can get this side of molten core etc).

Associate
when the hell is this new update gonna happen, someone told me it takes about two weeks to gain enough honor in the new sytsem to buy a Grand marshal weapon....sweet,

Soldato
newhighhpwf4xz6.jpg

Can anyone tell me what that UI is? The one with the buttons down the side and bottom?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom