1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useless usb/camara connection kit ?

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by 9designs2, 21 Apr 2011.

1. 9designs2

Mobster

...bought the USB/Camera connection kit to go with the Ipad2, which so far seems useless !!.....
    My camera uses Compact Flash cards, so I've tried plugging two memory card readers into the USB adaptor... "error, devise uses too much power" ... So tried plugging the camera direct into the adaptor with the USB cable.... "error devise not supported" .... it's a Canon 5D Mk1... Hardly new now is it !?!?!

The only think that works is the SD card from my Lumix, in to the SD card adaptor, so it seem unless I do exactly as Apple wanted, ie read an SD card I'm stuffed !!! ..... Any CF card readers about that the iPAD can read ?

I wanted to take the iPad on holiday to transfer picture to and review them in the evening etc....

2. rpn

Gangster

I have the same problem (Nikon D300). In the end I manage to transfer the photos by using a very basic card reader and not the multi-card reader type.

3. Mr Spew

Hitman

Try changing the setting in the menu on your camera - I had to change mine from USB to Print to connect to my computer, may well work in this situation.

4. sketch145

Hitman

I'm also using D300>Camera connection kit>iPad (1st gen) and haven't had any problems with plugging the camera straight to the connector via USB.

It might be worth checking you have the USB settings set correctly, MTP/PTP seems to work for me...

5. Trick

Mobster

Alternatively buy an Eye-Fi card for wireless transmission straight to the iPad? That's I what i do with my 5dii.

6. 9designs2

Mobster

7. rpn

Gangster

Its one of those cheap multi card reader I used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 9designs2

Mobster

Cheers, changed the connection setting from USB to print on the camera now it will see the 5D and the picture on it........ now just trying to see how if I transfer the pictures to the PAD, how I later could get them off to the PC !!!!....and then into Photoshop....... How I hate iTunes software already !!!

9. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

10. Mr Spew

Hitman

You're welcome. :p

11. Doug

Mobster

Are you a PC or a Mac?

If you're a Mac, Image Capture should do the trick :)

If you're a PC, :p

12. syed2012

Associate

Ooops !

13. mrgubby

Soldato

I bought a Lexar Pro card reader to work with my ipad1, it worked perfectly until Apple did a software update and dropped the USB current :mad:

Still, the Camera kit matches the AV adaptor in useability :mad:

Once the Android Tablet market has stabilised (if ever...) I'll be selling the ipad

14. DangerMoose

Wise Guy

Just out of curiosity, can this kit be used to import movies in mp4 format, bypassing iTunes? I tried it and found it only seemed to see the photos on the SD card, not the video I had put on there.

15. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista