• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Users with Intel Xeon W-3175X.

Associate
What out of case cooling solution are you using for that overclock. Do you have a pet iceberg parked outside your house :D

Nice numbers though.

Associate
OP
What out of case cooling solution are you using for that overclock. Do you have a pet iceberg parked outside your house :D

Nice numbers though.

Well I have a Eiszeit 2000 which I never use and have never managed to sell annoyingly but I use a MO-RA3 420.

OcUK Staff
We have sold a lot of these into B2B HPC, crazy performance especially in avx512 and great oc potential too. Tuning for different workloads is very comprehensive.

Your correct in saying the platform is more stable than trx40 but at a financial cost.

Associate
OP
We have sold a lot of these into B2B HPC, crazy performance especially in avx512 and great oc potential too. Tuning for different workloads is very comprehensive.

Your correct in saying the platform is more stable than trx40 but at a financial cost.
honestly think I've got a dud, probably going to RMA it, it's 10c higher in temp than it was 2 months ago at exactly same stock settings & actually lower ambient temperatures as it's no longer summer, I'm hitting 70c in blender at 3.8ghz stock with 25c coolant which doesn't seem right at all, using a MO-RA3 420+D5 next+4X noctua 200mm @100%

I mean it's always been a bad overclocker but now it's a lot worse, hitting 90c in cinebench at 4.5ghz 1.2v llc6 with 15c coolant on chiller, used to be 75c, I don't know what's happened

(i run this at stock 99% of the time)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
We only ever run overclocked and all have been fine. In my experience none are duds.
I mean I'm hitting 70c(hottest core) in avx256 workloads at 4ghz at 28c coolant, it just seems too hot considering the cooling, not sure what temperatures you guys are getting at 4ghz etc.

Soldato
How did you change your mind so much in 48 hours?
You say you've had it several months, yet it seems you only started testing it 2 days ago after you posted about how good it was.
This thread has turned completely on its head in such a short period of time.
What wattage does the chiller run at, out of interest?

Associate
OP
How did you change your mind so much in 48 hours?
You say you've had it several months, yet it seems you only started testing it 2 days ago after you posted about how good it was.
This thread has turned completely on its head in such a short period of time.
What wattage does the chiller run at, out of interest?

Huh? What are you on about? I bought it in May 2020, I bought the 3970X on the 6th of December 2019.

It's still more useful than a 3970X at stock lmao.

Soldato
Huh? What are you on about? I bought it in May 2020, I bought the 3970X on the 6th of December 2019.

It's still more useful than a 3970X at stock lmao.

2 days ago
'Anyone using this CPU or just me? I actually sold my 3970X for one, vastly more stable.'
1 day ago
'honestly think I've got a dud, probably going to RMA it,'

wut?

Soldato
Sorry, you are missing my point.
You started this thread, to say how great your processor is.
Within a day, you have posted that you are not happy with it, even using a chiller.
Its not about when you shipped it.
Its the flip flop in the thread, in such a short period of time.

-edit
it matters not
moving on

Associate
OP
Sorry, you are missing my point.
You started this thread, to say how great your processor is.
Within a day, you have posted that you are not happy with it, even using a chiller.
Its not about when you shipped it.
Its the flip flop in the thread, in such a short period of time.

-edit
it matters not
moving on
No it is a good processor and far better than my old 3970x, even at stock but I got bad bin, also the chiller is an eiszeit 2000, uses ~600w.

However, I might see if I can get a better bin from Intel.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Low post count, bigging up Intel - shill checks out?

FYI, my 3960x has been rock solid stable - the only time it gets rebooted is for driver/windows updates.

Man of Honour
Oddly surprising.

Another threadripper user checking it that questions this stability claim - Nothing wrong with the stability of TR. In fact my TR has been so good I now run epyc "rome" in the DC as well.

Current uptime 22 days and like amiga I only reboot for updates etc.

Associate
OP
Another threadripper user checking it that questions this stability claim - Nothing wrong with the stability of TR. In fact my TR has been so good I now run epyc "rome" in the DC as well.

Current uptime 22 days and like amiga I only reboot for updates etc.
My 3970X crashed in avx256 workloads lol

Man of Honour
My 3970X crashed in avx256 workloads lol

I can assure you that mine doesn't. Neither do my rome chips. Not that the intel chip is bad but what is bad is claiming that the platform as a whole has issues when clearly there are many many people out there that are very happy with trx40 and x399 for that matter.

Associate
OP
I can assure you that mine doesn't. Neither do my rome chips. Not that the intel chip is bad but what is bad is claiming that the platform as a whole has issues when clearly there are many many people out there that are very happy with trx40 and x399 for that matter.
Run 4.5ghz in prime95 small fft

Back
Top Bottom