1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using an Ergo Split KB?

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by Random Guy Esq., 4 May 2021.

1. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Anyone here using a split ergo keyboard such as the Iris or Ergodox for example?

I've been looking into them recently due to my noticing occasional aches, pains, and strains in my wrists and shoulders. Just wondering if anyone who has made the switch from a regular keeb to an ergo could offer some feedback? Was there much of a learning curve? Have you noticed the benefits? Any disadvantages? Good for gaming?

Thanks in advance!

2. chroniclard

Capodecina

Not as such however years ago I used to use a MS ergonomic keyboard at work and absolutely loved it. Should be fine for gaming.

Was one of these so probably similar in usage to the ones you mentioned.

I see the latest version is "only" about 40 quid so potentially could try it out relatively cheaply

[​IMG]

3. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Thanks @chroniclard, that's a good idea - a relatively small outlay to see if I like it.

One thing that bugs me about traditional keyboards (and why I was drawn to the Ergodox et al) is that the thumb has next to nothing to do on them. Such a waste of a good, strong digit! :cry: