Using Joomla CMS on my existing site?

Associate
I'm looking to use a CMS for my existing site and heard some good things about Joomla. However from what I can gather, it would involve moving all my contents over to the Joomla template which is not what I want really. I just want to integrate a CMS into certain pages of my existing site such as "News" and "Vacancies" sections and be able to update those sections easily.

So basically I just want to integrate Joomla into my site for just the bits I want and not have to base my entire site on Joomla. Am I looking at the wrong kind of CMS? If so can anyone offer any recommendations?

Soldato
You can install joomla into a subdirectory of your site, and it will exist for there - upwards. Of course, as soon as you enter that part of the site it won't necessarily know about the rest of your site, you will have to manually add links to the menu to get back.

Joomla is just a file and database install, seperate folders and seperate databases allow multiple seperate installs upon a single domain.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it :)

Are there any other CMS that would be better suited to what I'm looking to do?

Associate
Modx i quite a light weight CMS that may be better for you than the full blown Joomla.

Not as feature packed but you may not want all the bells and whistles!

Back
Top Bottom