1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valheim

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by TriedandTested, 6 Feb 2021.

1. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Has anyone been playing this new release? I got it today and so far it seems really great. Fantastic setting and art style. Their roadmap sounds great too.

A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!

[​IMG]

2. jasoncb

Hitman

Played this for a few hours. Haven't encoutered any bugs and seems a solid game. Great game for coop and for £15 you can't go wrong.

3. Milkybk

Sgarrista

I’ve played 6 hours and really enjoyed it so far. Had one crash which seemed to lock up my entire PC but other than that no issues :).

4. Digital X

Sgarrista

Watched Born2Game stream this earlier, I was on the edge of buying it but the movement seems a bit clunky. Apart from that though It's right up my alley. Just wondering what the limits of buildings ships are.

5. Antony101

Mobster

I've put a out 16 hours in so far and have been really enjoying in. Would love an online server to play on though. Feels very lonely otherwise.

6. Malevolence

Capodecina

Looks interesting, but it's Early Access and I'm not paying to test their game for them.

7. jasoncb

Hitman

If all EA games were released like this one, it wouldn't have the reputation it does nowadays. It may be early access but its been released in better state than most AAA games.

8. Antony101

Mobster

The last three games I've played, Cyberpunk 2077, Escape from Tarkov and this.

Only one of those games was a buggy mess that felt like it was in early access. This game is extremely well put together for an early access game.

9. Tombstone

Capodecina

Do we need to ask which was the one? :)

10. deuse

Capodecina

It looks great :)
    But it's 3rd person only :(

11. Reppyboyo

Mobster

I'm enjoying this so far, not long beat the first boss.
    Pretty solid EA game so far, would be much better in coop though. It's a bit grindy on your own.

12. delta0

Sgarrista

Just bought it. I think the early access price means it is worth a punt and so far from the reviews it seems like a good game.

13. Ewanb75

Wise Guy

Lovin this also, It is gonna get tough on single tho, getting copper and tin urgh, it is soo heavy. Anyone doing a server? (Malelovance and deuse, ure missing out)

14. delta0

Sgarrista

I’ve not tried a server yet. Does your character, house etc. carry between servers?

15. Antony101

Mobster

Your character and it's inventory is consistent across worlds but the worlds can be different.

So you can use the same character on multiple worlds and jump between them as you see fit.

Edit: You can also have multiple characters too so you can basically choose how you want to do it.

16. delta0

Sgarrista

Thanks. I need to look into other worlds at a later stage. Just working on my own world at the moment.

17. ExRayTed

Underboss

My wife and I are really enjoying this right now. Lots to see and do considering it's early access.

18. Egg80

Associate

I bought this yesterday, really love it. But definitely would like to play coop with others. I'm in my 30s if anyone wants to help an old man build a boat!

19. BowdonUK

Soldato

I got it with a friend yesterday. We're both loving it.

20. Digital X

Sgarrista

@Egg80 31 here, we could take over the role of Noah! :D