Valheim

Soldato
my group have had 0 lag so far on our server but it is running on a dedicated server rig... Although on a standard 80/20 fibre line. Perhaps try other servers :)
Our group has dug out a hill side, its laggy as funk lol, don't think srv is to blame but the tera forming in that area, elsewhere on map is fine >_<

Man of Honour
Am I being dumb or is there no way to remove a chopping block? The remove function seems to work on everything except the chopping block on mine?

Pet Northerner
Don
If there is appetite for it, I don't mind setting up another docker for an OCUK server with the following caveats:

1. There's no way to extend the 10 man limit so if it gets busy so be it - a second / third server can go up as I have the resource on my unraid server for it
2. I'm not going to moderate it, so people have to play nice on their own
3. As the game is in EA, there is no guarantees that the server won't simply implode and need a clean slate (I've had two just die on me recently) - I can attempt a backup restore but can't make promises / be held to it.

Obviously with the above in mind there is zero cost for people, as it's only a favour.

Associate
I know its all about the gameplay but the graphics look really bad in this from what I have seen online at least. How are they in person? Any reason why they are so bad? Just because it's early maybe?

Pet Northerner
Don
I know its all about the gameplay but the graphics look really bad in this from what I have seen online at least. How are they in person? Any reason why they are so bad? Just because it's early maybe?

I really like them, it's very deliberate.

The textures are low, like minecraft but the lighting, water etc etc are fantastic. It's a wonderful mix and as I've said before, reminds me of Breath of the wild

Man of Honour

The graphics wont get much , if any, better, they are pixel based or voxel or something like that. Its a design decision rather than a question of effort. Its quite weird though, if you stop , stand still and LOOK at the graphics then they do look quite basic, however if you run about and just play it all somehow looks much better than the sum of its parts. The atmosphere and aesthetical look of it is actually rather good while you are playing, some very good lighting and shadow use. But yes, if you're looking for uber graphics this isnt the title for you. Having said that, graphics really arent that important in a game, compared to its gameplay...just look at stuff like Rimworld (98% Overwhelming Positive on steam) , Factorio (98% overwhelming positive) , Stardew Valley (97% Overwhelming Positive) or Terraria (97% Overwhelming Positive) and then compare those scores to AAA "blockbuster" titles with a huge graphic budget :D

Pet Northerner
Don
just look at stuff like Rimworld (98% Overwhelming Positive on steam) , Factorio (98% overwhelming positive) , Stardew Valley (97% Overwhelming Positive) or Terraria (97% Overwhelming Positive) and then compare those scores to AAA "blockbuster" titles with a huge graphic budget :D

So many hours of my life gone to those titles :D

I need to resist playing SDV again!

Back
Top Bottom