Valheim

Soldato
I’m in the I don’t really like survival games camp but I bought this after reading this thread. I am very much enjoying it. I’ve beaten the first boss and am now trying to get those cores so I can make the kiln. I’ve already made the smelter but need 5 more cores for the kiln. Having a hell of a time finding burial chambers.

Sat in one of my camps waiting out a storm as I type.
Usually if you are getting bothered by skeletons then there is a chamber nearby.

Man of Honour
Where can i find bronze ore's?

struggling to find one as i wanna start building some bronze gear!

Bronze is an alloy, you need Copper and Tin. Tin deposits are generally along the coast line (small shiny looking boulders) and Copper nodes are usually found in Black Forest. One thing regarding the copper node, they are like icebergs, only about 20% of the copper is on the surface, 80% of it is underneath, if you dig out a huge crater you can get around 100-120 copper ore per deposit. Once you have both Copper ore and Tin ore, smelt them into ingots and then use the forge to combine the ingots into Bronze

Associate
Bronze is an alloy, you need Copper and Tin. Tin deposits are generally along the coast line (small shiny looking boulders) and Copper nodes are usually found in Black Forest. One thing regarding the copper node, they are like icebergs, only about 20% of the copper is on the surface, 80% of it is underneath, if you dig out a huge crater you can get around 100-120 copper ore per deposit. Once you have both Copper ore and Tin ore, smelt them into ingots and then use the forge to combine the ingots into Bronze

Didnt know that, i just get thr scraps fron the top and leave. So ive a lot more to gain from digging down?

Game needs budgies at this point

Man of Honour
Didnt know that, i just get thr scraps fron the top and leave. So ive a lot more to gain from digging down?

A LOT more yeah, theres way more ore beneath the surface. By the time you have quarried it all out you're left with a crater that looks like a 500 ton bomb has gone off :)

Man of Honour
How do you get back up to surface if you dig too deep

I always dig an entry slope into the "quarry" then I place a campfire at the slope entrance, which stops greydwarves from entering and then you have a nice defensible position for the night too. Place a workbench in there as well to keep repairing your pickaxe and you're good to go indefinitely until the node runs out :)

Associate

I usually dig the earth out around it so I can see how far it goes. If you mine the top out, sometimes you won't see any of it sticking up out of the dirt so if you lose the perimeter you may spend a while digging and hoping.

Associate
Decided to go a bit deeper and have found a huge stack of copper, so im fortifying it now. Walls, spikes, fires, it will be a home from home in many ways.

What pickaxes are people using? Ive 2 Bronze that i repair up, im assuming they work it quicker for me?

Man of Honour
Decided to go a bit deeper and have found a huge stack of copper, so im fortifying it now. Walls, spikes, fires, it will be a home from home in many ways.

What pickaxes are people using? Ive 2 Bronze that i repair up, im assuming they work it quicker for me?

I tend to stick with the antler pickaxe, purely because when I am mining its easy to repair with nothing more than a basic workbench

Soldato
Absolutely loving this game - probably the finest game made in the past 10 years for me - almost flawless, adore it, huge exploration area & me and my mates are playing it daily on a server I set us up, so were sharing the game world, its just brilliant.

It's just a shame real life is getting in the way to be honest!! :D

Man of Honour
Theres a few QoL things I would like added, the ability to either share the map or have it so that all players get the map revealed as person explores. The ability to ping an item direct from the ingame screen, I know you can ping a map location for other players but I'd like to be able to ping something without having to open the map, also, shareable map icons..although I can mark a position on a map that only marks it for me not for the people I am playing with.

Associate
Yeah id love to try it on a full 10 man server, working together or individually but having a community aspect, maybe hub... setup things like a shop or a bartering post.

Back
Top Bottom