Valheim

Associate
How many bosses have you killed? The game for me is about the crafting, you unlock more things as you get further in, but you need to be taking the bosses down. It gets more interesting the further in you get imo.

just the one. i just am not feeling it so much as ark really inspired me constantly, especially at the beginning the feeling of danger and amazement at these huge dinos was far more fun. then getting them to work for you etc.

valheim seems like a game that would be great in big groups, but all starting same time.

Soldato
I know what you mean. I've only played as part of a group and we've beaten all the bosses so far so now its just resource harvesting which is getting monotonous. We only play it once a fortnight if that now.

I tried playing it on my own with a new character but it didn't hold its appeal.

Soldato
So anyone else played Valheim since the Hearth & Stone update?

I started a new world and so far I've not actually noticed any changes. UI is the same as it was with maybe a few food related tweaks. No armour slots which was a very useful mod to add. I only glanced at the road map update and saw a few items added to the trees plus a food + weapon re-jig.

If the stone building is as bad as it was before then I guess I'll be waiting for further updates in the future.

Man of Honour
The devs of this really missed the anvil on this one. Strike while the iron is hot as they say. Valheim was massive when it came onto the scene, literally every gamer I know in RL was playing it, it was huge. It could have easily become a contender for game of the year...BUT....they had to build on that momentum and they simply didnt. Instead half a year later they've released an update which is more cosmetic than functional and I fear that Valheims "time" has now passed. If they had been on the ball I really do think it would have been in with a shot for game of the year awards whereas now I dont think it will even be a nominee.

Caporegime
The devs of this really missed the anvil on this one. Strike while the iron is hot as they say. Valheim was massive when it came onto the scene, literally every gamer I know in RL was playing it, it was huge. It could have easily become a contender for game of the year...BUT....they had to build on that momentum and they simply didnt. Instead half a year later they've released an update which is more cosmetic than functional and I fear that Valheims "time" has now passed. If they had been on the ball I really do think it would have been in with a shot for game of the year awards whereas now I dont think it will even be a nominee.

This.

Soldato
I don't plan on playing it now for a year or two, until some significant progress has been made...

Honestly I found it super boring from the get go. Only sticking with it due to streaming it, and even then I gave up fast.

It certainly had a refreshing feel to it, but wasn't enough to make me want to come back and spend my waking hours playing it as games like ark did.

Soldato
I like the idea of survival/crafting games, but for some reason I tend to find them really tedious once I actually get started with one. I think Subnautica was the only one that really gripped me from start to finish.

Valheim was much more engaging for me than most, and I did put over 50 hours into it, but my desire to keep going faded pretty markedly at that point, and I wasn't even really near the end of the old content. It will take something pretty interesting in terms of updates to bring me back to it, I think. I was hoping the H&H update might be it, but it seems not. I'd been keeping it installed for this update, but like others here I might uninstall it now and keep an eye out for news in another six to twelve months.

Soldato
They've listened to the 'feedback' ala complaints and will tweak or have tweaked by now all the daft food bonuses they wrecked. Tempted to retry again but mods surpass anything they've so far done so I'm not so sure.

Soldato

No surprise when the entire team makes up single digits.

Soldato
tbf i think the popularity of the game caught them offguard! Among Us seems to have suffered the same fate. There is a good game there but i think that ship has now sailed.

Personally i just got fed up of the grind to plant/cook variations of food/ etc, and the controls to plant food consistently were overly tetchy, towards the end i was spending more time tending to crops / grinding / choping wood from afar etc than going out and enjoying the game and it got to the point i just didn't want to do that, that was with the mod to allow ore to traverse portals, it would have been far more short lived without. the mechanics just didn't balance well for me. (tbf i was never a huge grindfest fan)

oh and *** that wind always being against you!

Associate

nail on head. The devs decided to buy a horse instead of expanding their company, big lack of ambition on their part

Back
Top Bottom