1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valheim

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by TriedandTested, 6 Feb 2021.

1. Digital X

Sgarrista

I didn't think about a moat tbh.. I'm just struggling now building a roof. I have the slanted bits done but stuck on corners, and I need middle posts for support as well. I didn't plan this far.

2. delta0

Soldato

This is what mine looks like.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TheBrooder

Mobster

Nice! Did you dig the moat with a hoe?

4. delta0

Soldato

I used the pickaxe

5. Digital X

Sgarrista

Oh ok that last picture makes more sense than my current house. I'll have to look up building tutorials, it's the roof part I'm stuck on.

6. delta0

Soldato

I have 2 floors. I will grab a picture of the roof on the 2nd floor later

7. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

I wasn't knocking its visuals. Textures are ropey but the lighting is sublime.

8. jasonsony735

Wise Guy

Im kinda baffled that you can't play this game at Ultra settings in 4k on 3080 @ 60 FPS ! lol Ok the lighting is cool but everything else.....

9. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

I was playing it at 4k60 everything maxed out last night with ease on a rig I’m building (was testing last night) for reference 3950x, RTX Titan, 32gb 3600mhz DDR4.

10. eclap

Gangster

Erm, there's no Ultra settings. I'm playing it perfectly fine with my rig all maxed. The game drops frames for a split second every time it auto saves, but other than that, silk. 90fps+ easy. I'm pretty sure a 3080 should run 4k at over 60 fps all maxed no problem.

11. delta0

Soldato

2nd floor pic
    [​IMG]

12. Kainz

Capodecina

My gang and I have a small outpost on the edge of the Black Forest and it's still WIP. We face constant attacks from dwarves and it is quite irritating really. I am not sure about how to handle that.

So there was me. Mining away at a copper deposit that seems to go deep underground. Boar comes along and decides to headbutt me. Great, I whack it with my Lv2 club a few times before noticing an evergrowing shadow looming behind me. I turn around and its a great big blue flamin troll! Before I could even arm my shield half my health just vanished from a single punch to the face!

We had seen our first troll about an hour before this encounter and decided to test how good it was. It smashed a few trees on the way to us, which was enough to make us panic as we realised running towards a half built outpost wasn't the best idea. Took a while and a few deaths but we managed to take him down.

13. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Maybe a old ish laptop?
    got mine running on a razer blade 13 stealth laptop for now. i do have a desktop toweer server though but most likely uses more power than this laptop

14. RoosterC

Hitman

Thanks. Bought two copies and been enjoying it with my son - nice to discover a new game together.

15. TheProcrastinator

Associate

Hi - do you know what caused the MP issues? I am having similar issues with a friend playing on my server and am reaaaaally desperate to find a solution...
    Was it by any chance related to the steam discussion link you provided? Cheers!

16. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

what problem are you having?

17. Antony101

Mobster

Everything maxed at 4k and I get 60fps easily on my GTX 3060ti.

18. Kainz

Capodecina

I’ll ask my mate. It was certainly him not getting data on his end, which the link refers to - I think F2 ingame pulls up some net data where you can see this? I never did ask how he sorted it out but I’ll get back to you.

19. TheProcrastinator

Associate

Thanks in advance :D

20. Kainz

Capodecina

It was some ASUS software called GameFirst? He uninstalled it and everything was fine after that.