Valheim

Soldato
First proper go at building. Went too big I think, the roof was a pain to support. Not a patch on some of the fantastic creations that are out there. Still, it's home :D
*snip*
Nice! I’m going to start building out a big port where the trader is. I think it will be nice to wrap a base around the trader and into the sea.

Soldato
Nice! I’m going to start building out a big port where the trader is. I think it will be nice to wrap a base around the trader and into the sea.

Thanks. We got quite lucky with our seed - mountains, swamps and black forest all on our starter island. First 2 bosses too. Absolutely loving this game.

Wrapping a base round the trader sounds interesting, I'm guessing for ease of access? Won't you get constantly raided by the black forest nasties though?

Soldato
Thanks. We got quite lucky with our seed - mountains, swamps and black forest all on our starter island. First 2 bosses too. Absolutely loving this game.

Wrapping a base round the trader sounds interesting, I'm guessing for ease of access? Won't you get constantly raided by the black forest nasties though?
I have plans to keep out the nasties. I have a base currently next to the trader with fences and a trench. I’m a little worried about trolls coming through and causing trouble. I have stopped the grey dwarfs. They were swimming around the fences where my ships are so I put in some angled spikes in the water that kills them. When I expand I will likely take down all the trees in the area, flatten it, put a stone wall around it and a trench to be safe. That should keep everything out unless they spawn in the base.

Soldato
OP
First proper go at building. Went too big I think, the roof was a pain to support. Not a patch on some of the fantastic creations that are out there. Still, it's home :D

FRC1wRX.jpg

Nice effort there. I read online that to get your head around building/support to think about the shortest route items you're placing have to the ground. Blue = in contact with the ground, then green>yellow>red as the structure gets weaker.

Soldato
Nice effort there. I read online that to get your head around building/support to think about the shortest route items you're placing have to the ground. Blue = in contact with the ground, then green>yellow>red as the structure gets weaker.

All I did was build the floor plan first (after flattening the ground just enough) with stakes pickaxed into the ground and horizontal beams. Then the flooring and another vertical beam on top of each stake that could act as load bearing support if needed (I built way more stakes than I needed for the floor). Those I didn't use/need I knocked down. The chimney was the hardest thing to work out to get enough verticality and build the internal stairs to the upper floor around it.

Associate
I've read and seen some pics about folk digging under the copper deposits, and eventually making them fall and all able to pick up at once.. well.. tried that tonight, couldn't get deep enough for a start and I think I found the biggest deposit ever, was blimmin huuge, and under constant attack from greydwarfs

Soldato
Where the heck is this vendor/trader? Been running around with a mate trying to find him in the black forest but keep running into dwarfs and trolls instead lol!

Soldato
Where the heck is this vendor/trader? Been running around with a mate trying to find him in the black forest but keep running into dwarfs and trolls instead lol!

His location is different for every seed, yours will be different to mine. On my single player seed I had to travel by boat to a different island to find him, on my multiplayer seed he was on my starting island luckily. It won't hinder your play much if you don't find him for a while but he does sell some good stuff so you'll want to spend some time trying.

Soldato
His location is different for every seed, yours will be different to mine. On my single player seed I had to travel by boat to a different island to find him, on my multiplayer seed he was on my starting island luckily. It won't hinder your play much if you don't find him for a while but he does sell some good stuff so you'll want to spend some time trying.
Are his goods expensive? We've accumulated around 600coins between us so hoping we can buy some decent stuff especially some crafting materials that are abit harder to find.

Also does he move around or just stay in one location?

Back
Top Bottom