1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Van rental for Under 25s?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by HumanShield, 31 May 2006.

1. HumanShield

Soldato

We are moving house next week, and need to rent a van over next weekend to move some heavier things. However, the person who is going to be driving is only 23. We found a company who rents to under 25s for an extra £7 a day, which we were willing to pay, sorted it all out online, only to get an email from them saying that they no longer rent to under 25s.

This is getting to be a big pain in the ass, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good rental companies online, or in the wrexham/chester area that rent to under 25s without charging an arm and a leg.

2. One More Solo

Capodecina

You could try my Dutch friend, Hertz van Rental.

Edit: D'oh, over 25 only.

3. HumanShield

Soldato

even on an astra van they require you to be over 25

edit: you edited :)

4. Garrett

Soldato

Probably best going to a small independent place thats local to you, they are likely to be more flexible than a big firm.

5. Bean0

Hitman

6. HumanShield

Soldato

thats who we have tried only to be told after booking online that they dont rent to under 25s any more

7. .Andy

Hitman

salford van hire (based in leeds and salford ;)) hire to under 25's no problem

8. HumanShield

Soldato

I rang one of the companies that told my gf that they couldnt rent to her due to age after i read their terms again. the person who was on the phone was wrong, and they can rent to people 23 and above. so we're sorted! cost us £116 for a weekend, unlimited milage and it gets delivered and collected! great stuff.

Dont know why we didnt look at salford before though :confused: probably would have worked out a bit cheaper, who knows. anyway, thanks for the help guys

9. tzang

Wise Guy

WVC would be your best bet. They rent out to over 21s who have held a licence for at least a year.

10. Koncordski

Gangster

Another vote for WVC, having moved 3 times in 4 years and only just turned 25 i can vouch for them. :)

11. atomiser

Wise Guy

not sure if you have one near you but i rented a 3 1/2 ton luton van from ryder when i was 24. they don't have an age restriction as far as i know.