Vapochill or Arctic Freezer!

Soldato
Well even tho i have a arctic freezer 64 pro and would recomend it to anyone, i wouldnt to you benny as you have a pentirum 4 chip not amd so everyone saying about the arcticr freezer 64 and or 64 pro is just for amd but there also saying there good in general. So the freezer 4 for the p4 is a bit different so i dunno how its going to go for you but the brand arctic freezer is a great one and have great rep for low temps and quietness. Just saying as to regards your post benny as of post 11 on this topic i sorta thought u ordered the wrong one.

Btw not sure what the freezer 4 for p4 has on with regards to paste but the 64 pro has mx-1 which is equivelent of AS5. So if its grey stuff on if u get the freezer 4 then its probably same stuff. Just be careful if its white or somit.

@ sjohal now:

My 3500+ is stock at 2.2ghz with 1.4 volts. The freezer 64pro has my temps at idle at 30c and average load like in games about 35c. Using prime95 it can get upto 40 tho. All in all very quiet cooler and fab temps. Im sure u will get good temps with ** 3000+ with a bit of a oc to 2.2ghz

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey,

thaks for your replies skeepa and Mr Huddy,

I ended up buying the Arctic Freezer and I must say It works a treat. I was getting temps of 50 oC idle within windows (without any Arctic Silver compopund) Now I get temps of around 38-40 oC (with Arctics Silver 5 applied). So a considerable drop in temp. My system temps are maybe 2 oC higher. I have the Crossflow fan which blows cool air over my board. Luckily all in the flow of the HS/Fan. So all the warm air is direct out of the case. So all in all I was wuite happy. If I didnt have the crossflow fitted in for my case then the ambient temps might be different. Overall though I am very happy. I haven't accurately measured the full load temps but they are around 49-50 oC (they were 60 oC) so I am happy with that.

Cheers

Benny

Man of Honour
Benny said:
Hey,

thaks for your replies skeepa and Mr Huddy,

I ended up buying the Arctic Freezer and I must say It works a treat. I was getting temps of 50 oC idle within windows (without any Arctic Silver compopund) Now I get temps of around 38-40 oC (with Arctics Silver 5 applied). So a considerable drop in temp. My system temps are maybe 2 oC higher. I have the Crossflow fan which blows cool air over my board. Luckily all in the flow of the HS/Fan. So all the warm air is direct out of the case. So all in all I was wuite happy. If I didnt have the crossflow fitted in for my case then the ambient temps might be different. Overall though I am very happy. I haven't accurately measured the full load temps but they are around 49-50 oC (they were 60 oC) so I am happy with that.

Cheers

Benny

What is your rig btw

Associate
OP
Alright Mr Huddy

here we go, this is my sys spec...

ASUS P4C800 E - Delux
ASUS DVD Quietrak Drive
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz [prescott] S478
1Gb (2x512mb) Geil Ultra Platinum PC4000 DDR Memory
PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT PE 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP)
SB Audigy 2 ZS Pro
Western Digital Raptor 74gb Sata
AKASA PaxPower 450W Ultra Quiet PSU
Cooler Master Stacker + Crossflow Fan
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4
Windows XP Professional SP2

Cheers

Benny

Associate
OP
DrMekon said:
Benny... hows your stacker... Im just about to get one??

What are the default 120s like?? Do you get good airflow?? Crossflow fan any good??

Also I noticed you opted for the Freezer Pro, which was one thing I was considering, or the XP120, but after reading theis thread.. the Pro seems to come out on top... I usually prefer a normal case fan, so I can have a controller to alter speed when I need to... but the Freezer Pro seems to handle itself all round...

I would be interested to know what CPU you have and if you are overclocking...

Im just about to get DFI Expert for my OPTY146 CABNE, its been sat there collecting dust for 2 months now... so Ive decided to get all the bits for a new rig..

Sorry for all the questions.. Ive got four days left before I need to make my mind up and place my order!!!!

Sorry I didn't get around to answering your post DrMekon, I presume you have the case now. I would recommend the Stacker (if you have room for it). If you didnt get it and are still holding out, I would be happy to answer your questions.

Cheers B

Soldato
littlekates said:
fitted, temp droped from 35 idle (xp-120) to 31c (freezer 64 pro) so its is better that the xp-120 (with my case set up anyway) so im definately recommneded the freezer 64 pro mate.
Hi,
can you post some screenshots of your cooling results here please :)

P.S: The load temp is of more interest. . .

Back
Top Bottom