Vauxhall astra alternative

Caporegime
cyborg said:
I just can't see myself driving a focus, or Astra again, id rather not have one, I'd like to drive down the street and people recognize my car because its at least a little unique.

you want a good car in this range and unique?
going to struggle there i think

Associate
OP
Well maybe unique was the wrong choice of wording, surely you know how i mean with astras and focus', theres a lot of them around. My friend has a focus also, but if one comes up at the price range i'll be sure to give it a look anyway.

yes mike i know where the nipples should be, i went through 3 sets of front calipers, including some from a v6 vectra. The brakes were constantly locking and would completly lock after about 20 minutes of driving due to the friction createing heat, i went through all the possiblities, and still the problem occured, the car is stripped out now anyway so too late.

Man of Honour
cyborg said:
Well maybe unique was the wrong choice of wording, surely you know how i mean with astras and focus', theres a lot of them around.

There is a key reason for the Focus being common, its the best car in its class. You are not buying an exotic import, a rare sports car, an expensive prestige saloon or similar. You are buying a mass market, mid sized hatchback. Cars in this segment are built to one thing - sell in enormous numbers. If they don't, it's usually becuase something is wrong with them.

Thus, buying a 'unique and rare' car from this class also means buying something reasonably gash in most cases. If you want something rare, get an import coupe or similar - something thats rare becuase it's expensive to run/available in limited numbers/whatever not something thats rare simply becuase it was a sales disaster.

Soldato
cyborg said:
I also like how the colt looks, but then, its a Mitsubishi, doesn't that mean expensive parts?.

Not as much as you'd think, course if you go through Mitsi dealers then its bound to cost you a fortune. Rarely hear of anything expensive going with Colt's, especially if you find a well serviced example, which for your budget shouldn't be too hard at all :)

Back
Top Bottom