Vauxhall Corsa

Associate
I've had my Corsa for about 6 months now. In that time I have had to replace the Oil pressure valve and the mid and back box on the exhaust. Now, The Exhaust emission light is on constantly when the engine is running, and the exhaust has begun to rattle....

after trailing the net for information on what the light my signify, I have come up with the following:

a self diagnostic has found fault codes P0141, P0141, P161... [see bellow]

P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Open (Bank 1 Sensor 2) C-31
P1616 Wrong Vehicle ID from Instrument Control Module C-40

Now I have no Idea what any of this means is I'm completely honest. This is my first car...

someone has suggested that the dash light might be a result of the exhaust being lose?? and rectifying this will sort the problems??

has any body had a similar problem or knows what I should do??

Soldato
Going by those codes I'd be inclined to say that a o2 sensor (or its wiring) has failed. It'd Would explain the emission light but not the rattle, I'd be more inclined to think that the rattle is unrelated and whoever fitted the mid and back sections haven't done their job properly and something is loose.

Associate
OP
Yeah I'm thinking the exhaust is just a little loose. I plan to take a look underneath tomorrow and see whats what, then Take it back to the garage if needs be. he gave me a years warranty so..

whats a Lambda sensor??

Soldato
Lambda sensor is the same thing as a O2 sensor. It detects the oxygen content of the exhaust gases that flow past it and sends the information off to the engine ECU so that it can get the fueling right.

Actually, I'd imagine 'Sensor 2' is a post cat sensor so that'll measure the efficiency of the cat and if it is actually doing its job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom