VDSL / BT Infinity Questions

Associate
Hello Everyone,
Your help and opinions on this are most welcome.

I have BT Infinity 1 getting between 18-24Mbps using a BT Home Hub 6. Connected to this is 1 PC running Windows 10 with all current security patches and up to date with Windows update, a Dell Lattitude 5491 Laptop with all current security patches and up to date with Windows update and an Amazon Firestick with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.

PC is connected on an Ethernet Cable.
Laptop and Fire Stick on the Wifi 2.4G.
No phones or tablets are connected to the Wifi (at least until I get this sorted out!)

I've had BT check out the connection and they have found its fine. No noise on the line and the Openreach line engineer and broadband engineer say everything checks out. I'm a bit at my wits end.

The main problem here is that when the Firestick is streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime I get crazy ping spikes to the tune of 300-400ms this is a problem as if I'm gaming on the PC I pretty much can't play.

This is a new thing and its only been doing this since January.

Your help is appreciated!

Associate
Down at that speed you likely have interleaving on which will wreak havoc with latency. Your connections sounds a lot like mine that I recently gave up trying to fix and cancelled the circuit. I know that might not be an option for you so you’ve got my sympathies.

Back
Top Bottom