• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hi,
Just received my VEGA 64 Sapphire Limited Edition card on Friday.

Amazing card and performance so far. Yesterday when I installed it and the drivers I ran 3D Mark Fire Strike but the system froze and the screen went black. Preceded to press reset on my motherboard and it restarted to windows just to lock up/freeze doing the same thing. I left it be and assumed that a driver was buggy etc. Fast forward to today woke up went to play some Destiny 2 and while playing the system hang I heard the windows hardware sound, as if a usb drive had been unplugged and I reset the system to try fix it. System went off and on but there was nothing on my screen said display port signal not detected. So I cleared my CMOS, changed my PSU, changed my PCIE slot on my motherboard, changed psu cable to another extra cable in the box, reseated and tested my RAM, booted with 1 stick of ram, but none of these things worked and was still receiving no input on monitor. I then switched to my Integrated Graphics on my 7700k and got into windows to find that Device Manager no longer detects that my GPU is plugged in and that AMD Radeon Settings no longer detects hardware.

Now my biggest issue is that the Sapphire Limited Edition uses the same pcb/shroud as every other limited edition card but the RADEON LED logo and the R cube in the bottom right hand corner are still lighting up.
But the GPU Tachometer above the PCIE connector isn't showing activity and that the GPU's fan isn't spinning what so ever.

Is my GPU Dead? As I have never done so much steps with no joy and the fact the fan isn't spinning and it isn't being detected leads me to believe so.

Thanks

Soldato
I been read similar posts about issues with Vega cards, yeah it dead card. 3D Mark Fire Strike killed bad chip.

You will need to RMA it, hopefully OCUK has extra VEGA 64 Limited Edition stocks reserved for RMAs. If not then you will have options to exchange it for GTX 1080 or custom Vega 56 or a full refund.

Associate
OP
I have asked for a RMA via webnote but have just tried looking and it appears my GPU is no longer listed as it was yesterday?
Also since its less than 14 days I am entitled to replacement or refund?

Soldato
I have asked for a RMA via webnote but have just tried looking and it appears my GPU is no longer listed as it was yesterday?
Also since its less than 14 days I am entitled to replacement or refund?

I checked 5 hours ago there was 1 Vega 64 Limited Edition card left in stock so now I checked the last limited edition card was sold. Now all it left in stock are Vega 64 Liquid Cooled cards. AMD now no longer make Vega reference, limited edition and water cooled cards as they now supply Vega chips and HBM2 memory to AIB partners to build more expensive custom Vega 56 and 64 cards.

Yes you are entitled to replacement or refund.

Back
Top Bottom