Vertex 2 Disappears, fixed before, not again?

Soldato
Hello friends,

This is a problem I had before, but I've since upgraded my PC and I can't remember what it was I did that stopped my Vertex 2 from disappearing. I believe there was some kind of Windows hotfix (which doesn't seem to be installing right now), would anyone be able to give me other suggestions?

Yesterday CrystalDisk Info told me that the drive was at 100% health (it is hardly used), when I considered a firmware update (that I'm sure I would have done before), the OCZ Toolbox software (or whatever it is called) didn't detect the drive, though I was able to access it in windows explorer (which it isn't showing up in right now). I'm about to fiddle about in the BIOS after installing some printer drivers right now but any info would be helpful. I've seen a lot of info on the net talking about dud drives, but any suggestions would be helpful.

Edit: Just rebooted and SSDLife says drive health is excellent.

Edit2: OCZ Toolbox continues to say that there is no drive detected. I've changed my windows power settings to ensure that the drive doesn't automatically lose power after 20 minutes of idle. Still accessible via windows explorer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
any third party sata ports? marvell/asmedia?

theres known issues with older sandforce controlled drives with the z87 chipsets and on the intel ports (freezing/disappearing ect)

Just using the ones on the motherboard. This problem was present on a G31 chipset, so I hope it isn't a new one specific to Z87.

Caporegime
there usually different types on some mb

some are intel and some will be marvell or asmedia,not sure what your board has,could all be intel sata ports

theres no fix for it atm,but the marvell/asmedia ports don't suffer from the issue

Back
Top Bottom