Vertical blue line appeared suddenly on Dell monitor :( Is this a pixel prob or some other kind of

Soldato
Hey guys. Well...had this monitor for about a year now and been running perfectly. Today I turned it on and see this blue line on the left.

:(

Pixels dont just fail all at once in exactly the same row...or do they? Or is this some kind of other fault. I dont know what to do, read the other threads about Dells customer service. Will I end up with a refurbished pile of junk if they exchange this? Hmm I think Im out of warranty as well. But can I still cause a fuss...I mean..surely they shouldnt just develop this all of a sudden.

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

Close-up view
IMG_2447.jpg

Anyone had a similar problem, thanks for any advice OcUk :o

Soldato
it's not very common but it can happen. Not a fault with the pixels themselves but rather the controller or its associated circuitry. my monitor has had a block horizontal line across the bottom for the last year at least:o At any rate, it's most likely borked. Is dell warranty only 1 year then? you might find you are covered, even if it isn't. Give them a call and find out :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not a fault with the pixels themselves but rather the controller or its associated circuitry

Ahh ok thanks for the info dude. Yea Im digging out serial numbers and such. Not looking forward to an evening of call-center fun :(

There is no Dell service tag on this thing either.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies!

@ ~Divine~Wind~: I looked on the side like you said but theres no slideout card :(

Good to know about the warranty. Just came back to this after a break so now...time to call Dell. Will report back on how it went!

Back
Top Bottom