Vettel leaving Ferrari

Soldato
Can't fathom why they want vettel

Vettel was OK at his prime. But I don't think he was great. Maybe good.
I hope this bites RP. Its a crazy decision.

Wish someone would take albons seat.
Or is max just that good? If you out gasley back in would it jut repeat?

I can't see merc replacing Bottas. It works. It's terrible for the sport. But great for Mercedes. Bottas knows his place and doesn't cause a fuss

I don't think Vettel has ever been that great under pressure, it seems to be a huge weakness. When someone is right on his tail he makes mistakes. It's anxiety probably.

He was only good when he managed to get to the front and open a huge gap

Soldato
I don't think Vettel has ever been that great under pressure, it seems to be a huge weakness. When someone is right on his tail he makes mistakes. It's anxiety probably.
Do you just have Montreal 2011 going around and around in your head?

No one is going to pretend he's ever been great wheel to wheel, but to say he makes mistakes anytime someone is behind him is wildly incorrect.

Associate

He was only good when he managed to get to the front and open a huge gap
Totally agree.

Caporegime
Vettel is fast. But thats about it. That was all that was needed in that red bull at the time.

Unfortunately any sort of pressure or any sort of real competition has shown Vettel up as an actual racing driver(in comparison to the real greats of the sport) .

Caporegime
Even his reputation for speed (and not just being in the right place at the right time with teams pulling in his direction) gets brought into question though due to the anomalies in his career where he has been put to shame by both Ricciardo over a full season and now this season Leclerc is leaving him for dead in outright pace. Perhaps he just has a lousy attitude and isn't willing to really try if he isn't in with a chance of winning but the greats (and professionals) don't do that, I think Hamilton came on leaps and bounds during the time when he was up against it at McLaren and he still put in shifts. Imagine Schumacher having the odd seasons at the height of success where he's made to look like a second rate driver by Irvine or Barrichello.

Back
Top Bottom