Veyron vs Elise

Caporegime
olv said:
A car that weighs 2000kg will never, never, ever handle as well as a car that weighs 800kg... ever

No but it may go around corners faster though.

TBH who cares, that video is all about the final straight when the veyron nails it. And you can actually hear it unlike coming out of the other corners.

To be honest it probably a VERY scary car to drive

Soldato
id be interested to see the same video, but the elise replaced with a 300 + bhp VX220 Turbo ... should help give the car a bit more of a chance on the straights.... !

Associate
olv said:
A car that weighs 2000kg will never, never, ever handle as well as a car that weighs 800kg... ever

190bhp car will never ever be as fast as one with 1000bhp..........EVER?

Veryon -V- Elise....... is this conversation even happening?

The veyron DESTROYS the elise.

Associate
Conanius said:
id be interested to see the same video, but the elise replaced with a 300 + bhp VX220 Turbo ... should help give the car a bit more of a chance on the straights.... !

Yeah it would only lose by about 100mph.

Soldato
Lithium said:
Veryon -V- Elise....... is this conversation even happening?

This is what I'm thinking.

Seriously guys, you've just got suckered into talking about comparing these two cars by Oracle, who's clearly been sniffing glue for supper.

:p

Soldato
Oracle said:
Its more powerful, it handles its power better and it can probably equal the handling of any Elise. Therefore Veyron > Elise....So yes, my points are valid

And there you go again.. beautiful quote.. The Veyron will not handle as well as a tiny Elise.. lol it aint got a hope in hell mate..

Yes Veyron > Elise in every other aspect.. probs even braking (on a standard elise that is) but Handling. lol.. you work for Bugatti? lol

The vid was really just to show how fast the veyron is on a straight... Now get it against a koenigsegg ccx (with wing) on a proper track.. :D

Soldato
Lithium said:
Yeah it would only lose by about 100mph.

there arent many tracks that cars get to well over 200 mph on....

id imagine all things considered a 300 bhp VX220 Turbo to be rather punchy to say the least !

Caporegime
Conanius said:
there arent many tracks that cars get to well over 200 mph on....

id imagine all things considered a 300 bhp VX220 Turbo to be rather punchy to say the least !

A Veyron driven properly would destroy one. IT can probably get to 100mph in half the time of the 220T.

That veyron was just messing about for gods sake, he didn't even try and go fast. OMG its real life Networld again. They Veyron will probably do 200mph on silverstone

Soldato
Simon said:
A Veyron driven properly would destroy one. IT can probably get to 100mph in half the time of the 220T.

That veyron was just messing about for gods sake, he didn't even try and go fast. OMG its real life Networld again. They Veyron will probably do 200mph on silverstone

I dont doubt it would be faster, but id be interested to see on that same clip someone in a VXT instead of the elise, that elise probably is about half the power down on what the VXT im imagining would have, so be interesting to see if it could keep the veyron in sight for a while :p

Ive no doubt that the veyron if driven properly could destroy the VXT, just would have been interested to see it

Zip

Zip

Soldato
The Veyron was clearly braking and slowing down at the corners to let the elise catch up.
People i know do that all the time when they go driving and they are quicker.

But to settle this argument how about you all chip in and by me a veyron and then ill drive it like a mad man against eildons Elise :p :D

GT3

GT3

Soldato
http://www.arsingaround.com/BunneyVsEvo.wmv

160bhp Saxo VTS (cams + throttle bodies)
300+bhp Mitsu Evo 5 (hybrid turbo, HKS Exaust and induction)

Evo obviously faster on the straights, and faster round the bends you would think. Watch the vid ;)

This video is in similar vein except the Evo driver WAS trying as he's come on the saxo forum slightly miffed :p

Soldato
Simon said:
No but it may go around corners faster though.

TBH who cares, that video is all about the final straight when the veyron nails it. And you can actually hear it unlike coming out of the other corners.

To be honest it probably a VERY scary car to drive

A friend worked on some of the development on the car (drive train) and went to do some endurance testing (not driving at the time, being a passenger with a computer) on it doing repeated emergancy stops from some stupid speeds in Germany and after about 8 stops he nearly threw up :D

Soldato
Oracle said:
I dont understand!? In your original reply, it appeared that you were defending an Elises capabilities against a Veyron? The points i listed were quite simple. Its more powerful, it handles its power better and it can probably equal the handling of any Elise. Therefore Veyron > Elise....So yes, my points are valid!

No, what I was trying (and clearly failing) to say is that the Veyron is so much faster in a straight line not because of 4WD, traction control and higher specific power output, but simply because it has over 3.5 times the power to weight ratio of the elise, despite weighing as much as a small house.

No one in their right mind would suggest an Elise could keep up on a remotely straight bit of road, but without any further evidence saying that the Veyron has superior handling to what is essentialy a track car is pure speculation. Unless of course you happen to have both in your garage being kept warm by a portable sun?

Soldato
GT3 said:
http://www.arsingaround.com/BunneyVsEvo.wmv

160bhp Saxo VTS (cams + throttle bodies)
300+bhp Mitsu Evo 5 (hybrid turbo, HKS Exaust and induction)

Evo obviously faster on the straights, and faster round the bends you would think. Watch the vid ;)

This video is in similar vein except the Evo driver WAS trying as he's come on the saxo forum slightly miffed :p

There's no doubting that that VTS is quick, however I'd call into question the ability of the Evo driver. Look at how early he brakes into a lot of the corners for start.

Permabanned
Morthoseth said:
Screw the whole "omg elise weights 750kg vs veyron xxxxKG"

Lets talk power to weight ratio, or BHP per litre?

Well this is the intersting thing you see, the Veyron is only 125bhp/litre, the Elise?? what 65bhp/litre for a 1.8k OMFGHEADGASKETFAILURE jobbie?

I'm not defending the Veyron, but if you read some of the early replies, some posts were 'WOW, impressed with that Elise' etc.......i wasnt, it had nothing on the Veyron at any point in time, and probably never would!...

Like I said, get my OMFGMGZTCDTiLOL111!!! on the track, and all hell would be let loose! ;) :p

EDIT: Evo vs Saxo.....perrrlllleeeaaassseeee, Evo 5 for a start, and (dare I say it), the Saxo driver is the far more competent and confident driver of the two..

Associate
Oracle said:
Well this is the intersting thing you see, the Veyron is only 125bhp/litre, the Elise?? what 65bhp/litre for a 1.8k OMFGHEADGASKETFAILURE jobbie?

I'm not defending the Veyron, but if you read some of the early replies, some posts were 'WOW, impressed with that Elise' etc.......i wasnt, it had nothing on the Veyron at any point in time, and probably never would!...

Like I said, get my OMFGMGZTCDTiLOL111!!! on the track, and all hell would be let loose! ;) :p

EDIT: Evo vs Saxo.....perrrlllleeeaaassseeee, Evo 5 for a start, and (dare I say it), the Saxo driver is the far more competent and confident driver of the two..

I read all of that maybe three times, and i still dont understand what you are trying to say.

Are you slightly hyper perchance? :p

Back
Top Bottom