Vibram five fingers kso running shoes

Soldato
Has anyone tried these, I've just come across them and they get exceptional reviews and I'm really keen to try them ?

Soldato
I still have a pair, used to have more till I wore through them. If you’ve never run in minimalist shoes you really, really have to grade your exposure and start off very conservatively as your running mechanics will automatically change either a little or a lot with these.

Only other thing I’d say is that for the sake of odour etc I preferred to use liner socks with them but obviously you need toe-sock specific ones where as something like Vivobarefoot or other minimalist brands that just have a wide toe box you can wear your standard sport socks.

Soldato
If you’ve never run in minimalist shoes you really, really have to grade your exposure and start off very conservatively as your running mechanics will automatically change either a little or a lot with these.

I found this out the hard way. I couldn't walk for days after my first outing! :cry:

Soldato
OP
I still have a pair, used to have more till I wore through them. If you’ve never run in minimalist shoes you really, really have to grade your exposure and start off very conservatively as your running mechanics will automatically change either a little or a lot with these.

Only other thing I’d say is that for the sake of odour etc I preferred to use liner socks with them but obviously you need toe-sock specific ones where as something like Vivobarefoot or other minimalist brands that just have a wide toe box you can wear your standard sport socks.

Can you race in these, can you run on gravel Forrest tracks, pavements, grass, etc?

I can't picture what they are meant to do or not do .

Soldato
Can you race in these, can you run on gravel Forrest tracks, pavements, grass, etc?

I can't picture what they are meant to do or not do .

They’re footwear that varies from ultra-minimal (like a grippy sock, can feel everything under-foot) to pretty minimal (like a very flexible trainer with no heel lift or cushioning) depending on what model you buy.

The different models cater for specific conditions - training, street running, trail running, lifestyle, etc - and I wouldn’t get anything other than the trail ones if you’re running over surfaces that you’d not want to walk over as those have a thicker (but still flexible) tread so you won’t yelp every time you stand on something pointy and have the right sort of tread for that surface. For pavement/grass any model is fine, just depends how much ground-feel you want.

Back
Top Bottom