Video codec issue in xp

Soldato
right, got a new xp install (yesterday) and then today i wanted to watch some of my video files so installed the combined community codec pack.

launched a few video files but didn't get any video, just audio. tried them in VLC, mpc, wmp. all the same.

i then removed CCC and installed FFDshow - same things happening.

could someone suggest a fix for this please? :)

*edit*
i've ran Gspot but it says i've got the codecs needed installed already.
it did have some errors though in the 'proposed codec solutions and tests' setction.
DivX decoder filter - failed to connect Output pin <snip> to input pin <snip> on filter ("DivX Demux")
ffdshow MPEG-4 Video decoder - failed to connect Output pin <snip> to input pin <snip> on filter ("DivX Demux")

Last edited:
Associate
right, got a new xp install (yesterday) and then today i wanted to watch some of my video files so installed the combined community codec pack.

launched a few video files but didn't get any video, just audio. tried them in VLC, mpc, wmp. all the same.

i then removed CCC and installed FFDshow - same things happening.

could someone suggest a fix for this please? :)

*edit*
i've ran Gspot but it says i've got the codecs needed installed already.
it did have some errors though in the 'proposed codec solutions and tests' setction.
DivX decoder filter - failed to connect Output pin <snip> to input pin <snip> on filter ("DivX Demux")
ffdshow MPEG-4 Video decoder - failed to connect Output pin <snip> to input pin <snip> on filter ("DivX Demux")

Stab in the dark, but is it an ATI card?

Uninstall ffdshow and any other codecs you might have, ccleaner will clear out any old registry entries. Put CCC back on and check your graphics card drivers first and foremost, latest version/drop a version retest etc.

Failing that: http://www.cccp-project.net/smf/

Back
Top Bottom