Video - paste a face over video

Soldato
Hi all - I'm looking edit some photo and video footage of a mates stag do as a compilation package for him to commemorate the weekend. I want to be able to paste jpegs of mates faces onto video clips for comedy effect. This doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but some tracking of motion would be great. What I'm looking for is something along these lines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2LHLhUYOE

Is there a program that does this semi-automatically? I'm not looking for perfect results - in fact a bit of crudeness will add to the comedy effect - but moreover something that isn't going to eat up too much of my time to do a 15m video highlight reel.

Thanks for any advice :)

Soldato
I don't know of anything that could automatically do that.

However it's pretty easy to do with decent video editing software or even better in compositing software. You could always do this kind of thing frame-by-frame, but with a good set of software you should be able to create a track matte on the face and just have whatever image you want to add in follow that.

I'm sure this is possible in something like Flash too.

Realistically though, you will have to learn to do it all yourself, unless you know somebody skilled enough to already do it for you.

Soldato
This is easy to do with Premiere Pro/After Effects. I had no idea how to do it too and managed to do a decent job on my first try! Just load it up and start experimenting.

Permabanned
download the demo of sony vegas and use the chromakey function (tutorials on youtube) to overlay the face.if you need any help drop me a pm

Back
Top Bottom