videos on ipod touch

Associate
hi guys,

since my ipod died recently, now considering buying a new ipod touch. however i also want to use it to watch videos.
can you enlight me about the restrictions i have to face? i suppose not any avi can be played on this player, right? if i'm only able to see the videos purchased from itunes i think i have to look for a different player, even if the touch is very tempting....

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Windows XP

OS X 10.4 Tiger

If you want a fast solution, get a hardware h.264 converter :)

FYI: Once you've converted them to .mp4 they can be imported in to iTunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
ok, thanks. converting them to mpeg4 is ok for me. however i want to avoid itunes, since i had bad experiences with it (using a pc). is it also possible to upload the files on the touch without itunes?

Associate
You will almost certainly need iTunes, (though you might be able to use amarok if you are running Linux). You cannot (easily) use the Touch as a file storage device, never mind as one which will play mp4 uploaded to a specific folder.

What was your issue with iTunes... we might be able to help!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Havn't tried Videora on mac but on PC it's good. Everyone seems to use iSquint on mac tho (me included)
Apologies.

I'd linked to the Windows version of Videora by mistake.. I actually meant to link to Visual Hub/ iSquint. Sorry :o

Associate
OP
You will almost certainly need iTunes, (though you might be able to use amarok if you are running Linux). You cannot (easily) use the Touch as a file storage device, never mind as one which will play mp4 uploaded to a specific folder.

What was your issue with iTunes... we might be able to help!

well itunes used to be *very* slow on pc. it also needed constant updating, which was annoying. plus it refused to connect to my ipod if the firmware wasnt of the newest release. then complete reformat of the ipod was needed. but in the last 2 years i only used the ipod plugin for winamp, which was good. probably the itunes issues have been solved by now.

Back
Top Bottom