viewing a house

Associate
has anyone ever taken their kids with them when viewing a house? Me and the misses are going to view 1 tomorrow and contemplating taken our 2 (7 year old and 9 month old) with us, if someone was viewing our house I'd be ok if they brought their family, but, i could easily imagine some ppl wouldn't be so keen on the idea.

Soldato
Yes, viewed our current house with the kids. Actually it worked in our favour because the old couple had lived here over 40 years and brought up their children here and they loved the fact it was going to be a family home again so our bid was accepted over others.

Soldato
I personally don't and I think taking them is a bad idea, you'll spend more time looking after them than looking at the place. Go with you misses and view slowly and carefully, you can both make the decision alone, the kids have no part to play in a viewing.
I don't think the home owner will care ether way if they are well behaved.

Soldato
I personally don't and I think taking them is a bad idea, you'll spend more time looking after them than looking at the place. Go with you misses and view slowly and carefully, you can both make the decision alone, the kids have no part to play in a viewing.
I don't think the home owner will care ether way if they are well behaved.
If you are buying somewhere you generally do a more in depth second viewing though. Leave the kids at home for that.

Soldato
Don't have kids, but if I did

First viewing just you and your other half
Second viewing with the kids

Also depends on kids age, how many there are, how well behaved and whether the house is empty or full of the existing owners items.

Associate
Yes, viewed our current house with the kids. Actually it worked in our favour because the old couple had lived here over 40 years and brought up their children here and they loved the fact it was going to be a family home again so our bid was accepted over others.

Same thing happened to my sister when she took my nephew. Bearing in mind they had to offer 15k over asking to get it. Another couple had offered the same, but they picked my sister because of my nephew; because they had originally moved into the house as a family.

Back
Top Bottom