1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on Shed Value for money

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by TheFew, 19 Apr 2021.

1. lookitsjonno

Mobster

I find most of the hard work is in the design, which can be done at your desk on dinner breaks etc. There's some really good YouTube channels where you can pick loads of advice.

I'm currently studding out my garage, bought an impact driver, drill, chop saw and nail gun for around £600. I needed the drills anyway, and £300 was the nail gun which I plan to use and abuse this summer on a few projects and sell on for £225-250. I was never a DIY guy but It's scary how quickly you can put things together with the right kit

2. dctekb

Associate

I’m firmly in the you get what you pay for camp.

I bought a Beast shed, they deliver and install it, I did the base and guttering.

I think it’s more solid than some of my house :)

http://www.beastsheds.co.uk/

3. TheFew

Gangster

Yeah I have been watching lots of YouTube videos, and they do make it look easy. But sometimes I find simple things (like sawing straight) really bug me. I agree that having the correct tools is a must. I use my impact driver a lot and would not be without it. I also need to buy a decent bench saw, as even using a circular saw freehand is a bit hit and miss.

4. TheFew

Gangster

5. TheFew

Gangster

Had a chat to them, they are looking at 10 to 12 weeks delivery.. can live with that. And for the same price as the tiger shed I was looking at the cladding is thicker as is the framing. So looks to be better value.

Had a look on trust pilot and the reviews are confusing. Lots of people seemingly giving 5 stars after order, but before delivery!!

6. mid_gen

Capodecina

I put a shed up earlier this year. 10' X 8' shiplap apex with windows, it was delivered within a week. 800 quid IIRC, from Elbec garden buildings.

Been up a few months, no complaints.

7. TheFew

Gangster

Thanks. Sadly they don't seem to do 9x6.

8. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

Be careful with Tiger Sheds, I had an order due for delivery at the start of the week and I'm still waiting (it was ordered and paid for about 12 weeks ago). The courier company have said they don't know when they can get it to me, and Tiger have decided to send an email saying it's been delivered regardless.

I think it'll be credit card chargeback time as their customer service is non existent, I think it's basically one person manning the phone.

9. TheFew

Gangster

Thanks for the info. Not pulled the trigger on anything yet due to indecision!

Sounds a bit crap that they claim delivery when they have not done so. Does sound like it will be a hard one to fight and win, especially as the courier admits they still have it. Hope it works out!

10. dpbadger

Wise Guy

11. ChroniC

Sgarrista

I wouldn't pay that sort of money for 9x6. I have a shiplap tiger shed that I payed 550 for and it's way way to small. Store more than a lawnmower and some shelves and garden tools and your falling over stuff.
    Mine is crammed so full I can barely get in it.

12. TheFew

Gangster

13. Russinating

Capodecina

14. TheFew

Gangster

Thanks. The reviews on their website do not look overwhelming, but i guess complainers are more motivated to write a review than happy people.

15. Flake87

Wise Guy

I have to say I'm surprised they are advertising this as 'tanalised' as it has been banned since 2003 ! Other treatments are available and you should find out what they are as some of them will eat metal fixings very quickly, and in that case you need to know what exactly they have used or your shed will far apart from metal fatigue before the wood fails.

And that's another wonder because they don't say what the wood is. Larch would be the best, and it's very rot resistant, but it's expensive, then there's redwood which is the wood I'd most expect them to use, but again you need to know before you buy.

Plastic is another option you might want to investigate as it doesn't rot at all.