Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Anybody heard anything more on M600?

hey Bud, not specifically, I have not had the letter through which has confirmed it but it must be imminent as we have had two engineering upgrade letters through in the past month and now, post these two works I am now pulling a solid 548mbps on my downloads rather than 450mbps i have had for the past year (Bromley area, SE London).

Soldato
Someone had no idea what they were doing, you can disconnect/reconnect TV/BBI in a little over 12 seconds... it used to take NAGRA longer to send the hit than the operator to key the order most days. Phone is slightly different.

Only got BB with them, said they've got to fill a form in now that pushes it to the relevant team, wasn't on at all last night. Rebooting router kept giving error of wrong username / password.

Soldato
Only got BB with them, said they've got to fill a form in now that pushes it to the relevant team, wasn't on at all last night. Rebooting router kept giving error of wrong username / password.

In theory it can be more complicated if a new account exists over the top as it would require someone with the ability to purge accounts to remove the new account so a recon could be keyed on the old one, that would require the new account to have the install order re-keyed/any new customer contacted and potentially set-up a chain of other re-keys if everyone is with VM in a chain. The movers team should be able to deal with that relatively quickly during normal office hours, so give them another call.

Soldato
In theory it can be more complicated if a new account exists over the top as it would require someone with the ability to purge accounts to remove the new account so a recon could be keyed on the old one, that would require the new account to have the install order re-keyed/any new customer contacted and potentially set-up a chain of other re-keys if everyone is with VM in a chain. The movers team should be able to deal with that relatively quickly during normal office hours, so give them another call.

I got a new account number for the new property which is setup on a separate account, if I log into the account for the current property still says I've left VM and no services assigned. Might ring them on my lunch break if it's still off.

Soldato
I got a new account number for the new property which is setup on a separate account, if I log into the account for the current property still says I've left VM and no services assigned. Might ring them on my lunch break if it's still off.

This is a recon at the old property, nothing to do with the new account number. The way VM accounts work is that each property has an account number, the last two digits signify the number of times a property has had an account set-up, so as VM’s systems see it if your disconnection request has completed down, they can’t extend it (ringing them as soon as you know you are going to be delayed and before the service disconnects tends to prevent this). In your case someone literally needs to key a recon order and complete it down as the equipment will still be on the account, it should take seconds. If a new account has been created for someone moving in over the top of yours, this would need to be purged to allow your services to be reconnected, even then it should be a 5-10 min job to get you back up and running, not 48-72hrs, that’s just nuts.

Soldato
This is a recon at the old property, nothing to do with the new account number. The way VM accounts work is that each property has an account number, the last two digits signify the number of times a property has had an account set-up, so as VM’s systems see it if your disconnection request has completed down, they can’t extend it (ringing them as soon as you know you are going to be delayed and before the service disconnects tends to prevent this). In your case someone literally needs to key a recon order and complete it down as the equipment will still be on the account, it should take seconds. If a new account has been created for someone moving in over the top of yours, this would need to be purged to allow your services to be reconnected, even then it should be a 5-10 min job to get you back up and running, not 48-72hrs, that’s just nuts.

Just rung them back, this is what I was told, it didn't go through last night as I've got a new order at the new address so the relations? team passed it back rejecting the reconnect as I've got new services ordered so he's had to cancel the order for the new property and put the 'form' back through for the reconnection.

He can't understand why the relations team didn't ring me last night to tell me why they couldn't reconnect it.

So I'm now waiting yet again to get reconnected and he claims they shouldn't be any reason why they won't reconnect it this time (not that I have much faith) but he doubts it will be today and it'll come back on over the weekend.

He's going to call me Monday to sort a new order out again for the property we're moving too as when I asked on the phone originally they said it was 500 eligible but it now is so I can upgrade my package.

You don't happen to work there and can sort this? getting more sense from you then any of the 5 people I've spoken to so far.

Soldato
Anybody got a problem with some websites? I get error codes with Disney+ and Lloyds, thought it might be my laptop but tried another on the same network and problem persists, they work fine using 4g on my phone! I tried ringing but cannot remember my password for the life of me so cant get any help :/

Soldato
Anybody got a problem with some websites? I get error codes with Disney+ and Lloyds, thought it might be my laptop but tried another on the same network and problem persists, they work fine using 4g on my phone! I tried ringing but cannot remember my password for the life of me so cant get any help :/

Don't think it's a VM fault, odd DNS issues happening across various providers be it home, business or even lease line currently.

Soldato
@HEADRAT

Hi guys, just to clarify as it is confusing for me as it is for you but i did the hard work for us - if you are on an ultimate oomph bundle and you use the SMS text service, initially you are not put through to the retention team, you are put through to customer services and they can't help you.

Customer services are unable to process any renewal deals with regards to the Ultimate Oomph package - this also applies to whether you call them on a landline/mobile to speak to them verbally or, use the web help service or, contact customer services via the app.

Just to repeat - customer services are no good to you if you need to negotiate a new deal on the Ultimate Oomph package but they can (i am told) offer you rack deal pricing if you are on other, lower tier, packages.

What you need to do then, is when you contact customer services via the SMS text message service is ask to be put through to the VM retention team (via text message), this is the only team that can help you with Ultimate Oomph pricing/renewals. All this happens within the same SMS chat session and they will do something on their end to 'transfer' your SMS chat from customer services to renewals.

Renewals do not need to speak to you verbally to process a new deal/pricing for Ultimate Oomph it can all be done by SMS.

I saved 40% on my renewal cost by doing this so don't swallow the automatic renewal pricing on Ultimate Oomph.

M350 and landline is going back up to full whack end of the month so I need to the annual price haggling dance. Tried calling but got bored after being on hold for so long, can't take the music. :p

With this text service do I literally just send them a message saying "Put me through to retentions"?

Associate
Has anybody seen their upload increase more than the usual 10% or so overhead? I'm currently on the M200, so 20Mbps upload which usually sits around 21/22Mbps, however recently it's been sitting closer to 30Mbps.

Certainly not complaining, just curious.

Permabanned
Could be cached result or some of Speed-test Apps do at times read my UL 50% too high like when OOKLA (SpeedTest.net) made their App available overt and above the webpage test.

Look at your Config File and see if it it has changed.

Back
Top Bottom