Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Man retentions really won't budge this year, would only do £46.50 for the M350 package for 18 months. Said new customers only pay £39 but just hit a brick wall, don't really have any other choice for the speeds here though so went with it.

Soldato
Man retentions really won't budge this year, would only do £46.50 for the M350 package for 18 months. Said new customers only pay £39 but just hit a brick wall, don't really have any other choice for the speeds here though so went with it.
Had the same experience as you when dealing with retentions, they seem pretty much a waste of time nowadays though it wasn't always that way. You really now have to put in your cancellation and wait for the call back, that's when I've got the best deals that even out do new customer deals on occasion.

Soldato
Had the same experience as you when dealing with retentions, they seem pretty much a waste of time nowadays though it wasn't always that way. You really now have to put in your cancellation and wait for the call back, that's when I've got the best deals that even out do new customer deals on occasion.

Yeah I probably should have gone the whole way but I had been on the phone for nearly an hour and gave in :o They seem to be having issues working from home, on the plus side there was no annoying hold music :p

Associate
Today was on 1hour 50 minutes call with them, 45 minutes spent on holding music, then 1st line for max 10 mins and then retention guys... I too am with them for donkey years and recently got done on deal I thought I am making, whereas ultimately I got very bad package. Today got on them with 'give me back what I had or cancel it altogether', but they also budge very little. Got back what I wanted but for £10 more than I was promised on first call and will have to wait few days to get it processed. Not having a go on people, they were all friendly (I was also always polite as it's still person on other side and I do remember that) but processes they have to follow are ancient and have nothing to do with 'customer first'..

Soldato
Today was on 1hour 50 minutes call with them, 45 minutes spent on holding music, then 1st line for max 10 mins and then retention guys... I too am with them for donkey years and recently got done on deal I thought I am making, whereas ultimately I got very bad package. Today got on them with 'give me back what I had or cancel it altogether', but they also budge very little. Got back what I wanted but for £10 more than I was promised on first call and will have to wait few days to get it processed. Not having a go on people, they were all friendly (I was also always polite as it's still person on other side and I do remember that) but processes they have to follow are ancient and have nothing to do with 'customer first'..

use the text message service if you can.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/33904550/

virgin media phone app also good for customer service general queries (not retentions).

Soldato
I'm on Virgin Media Business Voom 500 and using the default router that came with it. Overall I'm very happy with the speed and reliability but the one question I do have is whether it is worth buying a different router and using the current Virgin Media Business router in modem only mode? Is it worth the cost to get a dedicated router? I'd love one with more features. Maybe one running a mini version of Linux would be cool.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I often found the BQM showed one thing, but if I ran CMD or Terminal and did a ping test I'd often get lower. I suspect the sheer volume of BQMs setup must mean it's not entirely accurate.

Try f8lure.mouselike.org

Associate
VM contractors dug my road back in June. Today they were at my house to feed fibre from the local cabinet to a grey box which they fixed to the wall at the back of my house. I laid plastic conduit from the termination point on the pavement to where the grey box is. Took an age to do as I had to go under my patio. They were very thankful for the conduit it made the job a breeze for them.

Tuesday, VM installer arrive to install internal box and switch on the service.

Soldato
Is anyone else suffering with some kind of routing issue? I've had multiple times over the last few days now where I can't load some sites but others work fine.

This only started happening since I upgraded to 1Gb, I'm going to call them tomorrow, there's no point in having more speed if the connection is so unreliable.

Soldato
I'm using OpenDNS, I should add the Hub is in modem mode, I have a pfsense router and DSN is setup on my local server. I will double check it all though.

When the problem happens it's usually for about 30 minutes or so, then goes back to normal. Some of the times I couldn't even get to the VM site, their status check phone number said no problems.

Soldato
I'm using OpenDNS, I should add the Hub is in modem mode, I have a pfsense router and DSN is setup on my local server. I will double check it all though.

When the problem happens it's usually for about 30 minutes or so, then goes back to normal. Some of the times I couldn't even get to the VM site, their status check phone number said no problems.

That changes things, from memory pfsense had a known issue with VM a while back, I suspect if you use the VM (or any other) router to do routing, you would find it works fine.

Soldato
That changes things, from memory pfsense had a known issue with VM a while back, I suspect if you use the VM (or any other) router to do routing, you would find it works fine.

It was working ok with the previous hub, I think the latest pfsense update fixed any problems.

It's just gone down again now, interestingly using a vpn it will work, I'm not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom