Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
i got a text and email today saying someone from virgin is coming to collect my old kit today. odd since they said they sending out packaging but this makes it easier and quicker i guess. email even gives name of the person coming to collect the stuff so just letting people know how the procedure is.

Associate
My VM connection continues to get worse.

It's usable now, compared to when it was dropping to <5mbps in the evenings. I've written some enchancements for the software I found to log download speeds, to graph rolling averages and calculate overall averages, too.

Average is still only 170mbps over the last week an the hourly rolling averages still take massive dips!

VM replaced the concreted over toby point outside my house last week and are pulling new cable on Friday. It'll be interesting to see if it offers any improvement, but I bet it won't!

bojUvO4.png

Soldato
Yea mine was picked up few mins ago. You dont get any notice other than the email and the text on the same day they are collecting it out of the blue.
Wonder what they do with it since hub4 is out dunno why they would want a hub3 back.

Soldato
Do you have Sky Q? As mine does not want to connect to the unifi access point.

Main Q box connected to a switch with one other mine, other two minis connect to the AP with 0 problems. Don't ever drop connection.

They don't connect to the very high channels, can't remember off hand what ones. The extremely high channels..

Man of Honour
My post code has finally gone live, although in a few months I'm moving round the corner to a house with full FTTP and no VM services. I was going to order and cancel within 14 days just to see what it's like but it seems like hassle. Only a few more months of 60/15 or so and I'll be on 900/100!

Man of Honour
As above, it's Openreach and the most you can get at the moment is 100 Mbps upload. I don't need 900 Mbps download, but I need as much upload as I can get.

Soldato
You're forgetting SDSL but that wasn't overly widespread.

Not exactly, I said consumer, SDSL from what I remember never made it onto the consumer price list at BT (this was pre-OR). I mean back in the very early days when profile speed was governed by U/P it was possible for someone with faster profile from his/her employer to use those credentials on another connection eg a residential one as long as they made sure they were the first person into the office on Monday or had remote access to dial in and re-enable it, but that’s not quite the same thing and for legal reasons that never happened. Ever.

Soldato
Wish me luck, its that time of year where I've got to phone them up to "negotiate" a new contract.
Current one ends in a couple of weeks, & goes up £15pm.

What seems to be the average price for just BB at the moment? I'm on the M200 package. Was thinking around £30?

Back
Top Bottom