Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Well it does say wait 45 days and i was disconnected on the 8th of march so probably wait till end of this month then ring them up. I need my 11 quid thats like 2 mcdonalds meals.
I bet if i owed them 11 they be getting ccjs etc on the case.

So they’re crap because the automated process they clearly told you would take 45 days (essentially a worst case of the date you disconnect to the end of your normal billing date which could be upto 31 days, plus the 14 days it can take to generate/issue a cheque as they are sent in batches to a 3rd party contractor to print/post), and we’re at day 37 now? By all means give them a call after 45 days, but at least give them that before getting bent out of shape unless you really have nothing better to do.

Soldato
After several years being of with BT on 78mb and no sign of them planning to bring any upgrades in our area it was a warm welcome that VM was finally available in our area.

Smooth process overall and all deadlines met. Had engineers come today and carry out the internal installation. Gave the SH3 a quick test and as confirmed by many it's utter garbage. After they left I put the SH3 in modem mode, connected my R7000 Nighthawk, Switch & WiFi Mesh. Early days of course but a very warm welcome having better speeds.

3sNzDfA.png

Getting around 350-400mb on WiFi throughout the house which is not bad imo from the BT Whole Home WiFi disks.

Man of Honour
Are you sure you've not been moved to Vodafone already?

AFAIK only new 5G plan customers are being put on Voda with existing customers starting to be moved later in the year. Gonna suck for me as EE has a great signal here, Voda so-so and the rest poor to non-existent signal.

Soldato
Slow speed on Virgin M600 since about October. Virgin still haven't provided a fix. Ofcom uphelp a speed complaint which means I can leave without disconnection fee, but the next best in my area is 14mb ADSL so I don't really have any other options

Last edited:
Soldato
Slow speed on Virgin M600 since about October. Virgin still haven't provided a fix. OFCOM uphelp a speed complaint which means I can leave without disconnection fee, but the next best in my area is 14mb ADSL so I don't really have any other options

Check your 4G/5G in your area, I am way happier with 5G Three than I ever was with VM, other than a ping increase which to be fair isn't all that bad.

Soldato
Slow speed on Virgin M600 since about October. Virgin still haven't provided a fix. Ofcom uphelp a speed complaint which means I can leave without disconnection fee, but the next best in my area is 14mb ADSL so I don't really have any other options
I know that feeling. Looked at leaving vm as well but the next best speed for me is 70mb for £7 less so I may as well stick with vm and keep my 100mb one. I do work from home now as well so the lower speed may not help that

Check your 4G/5G in your area, I am way happier with 5G Three than I ever was with VM, other than a ping increase which to be fair isn't all that bad.

May have to look at this but how bad is the ping as I do game online a lot as well

Soldato
Is anyone else getting MAJOR throttling downloading from Steam?

I get full speed when doing a speed test (~100Mb), but Steam is capped at 10Mb/s !?

I've tried all the usual tricks - changing server, clearing download cache.

Definitely feels like VM is throttling...

Weird! Wifi speeds are max, but ethernet speeds a whack!?

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone else getting MAJOR throttling downloading from Steam?

I get full speed when doing a speed test (~100Mb), but Steam is capped at 10Mb/s !?

I've tried all the usual tricks - changing server, clearing download cache.

Definitely feels like VM is throttling...

Weird! Wifi speeds are max, but ethernet speeds a whack!?
No issues here, Just downloaded Left For Dead 2 at 14mb/s in 12 mins. Also on their 100mb service

Last edited:
Soldato
So they did what they said within the timescale they committed to? Well now, that’s awkward. Phone them up and complain it arrived early, they can’t be allowed to get away with this!
Still got to cash it, hope it dont bounce.
Now need to find out how to cash a cheque since its been so many years and bank branches have closed where i used to go to.

Back
Top Bottom