Virgin Media - Fibre Connection

Associate
Currently looking into getting Virgin Media but a little confused about getting connected.

There is a cable running along the pavement outside my house which was installed in the days when they were NTL, however, as I didn't sign up at the time there is no connection from the pavement to my property. Using the online checker it states that my house is not on the fibre optic network but next door (who signed up and were connected when it was rolled out is).

Can Virgin put in the connection from my property to the pavement line as I can't seem to find any information regarding this on their site?

Associate
My situation was similar as many years passed from the local area being installed to my switch from copper to Virgin cable. My installation was delayed when the original engineer tried to get the cable but found building rubble and a wall in the way. Was quoted 2 weeks but 2 days later they had it sorted and connected. Never looked back :D
Strange that they report your house as not being able to connect, but my guess is that it is incorrect and you need an engineer to visit.

Associate
Your street will probably have FTTC and then from the cabinet they run lengths of coax to the front doors. If there is a street conduit then yes they will just run from the street to your wall :)

Back
Top Bottom