Virgin Media HD channels activated?

Associate
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I have the XL package but haven't got round to paying the HD activation yet. I've just been flicking through and it seems all of them are active? Not sure if this is a free taster or what?

Soldato
I thought XL included all (well not premium movies and sport) HD channels. I have never paid any sort of 'HD activation' fee.

Soldato
Yeah. I have XL and get all HD channels, except Sky Movies and Sky Sports.

Are you sure they didn't waive the activation fee? Or will you have to pay it on your next bill?

Commissario
IIRC if you've got any of your boxes HD enabled you get the HD versions of pretty much any channel you're subbed to at no extra charge.

I think they only ever charge a one off fee for the HD activation of the first box, and possibly if you wish to upgrade a box to HD from a non HD one (IE a possible charge to change a V to a VHD box).

Man of Honour
We've not been charged any extra to have the HD channels, I think its only Sky that do this. We upgraded the second box a few months ago, as it was quite old, to an HD one and only cost the postage (£10 IIRC) to change it.

Commissario
Chances are when you upgraded to the HD box that triggered the HD on your account.

IIRC depending on what the offer is and what box you've got they charge a one off fee for Postage/Install or HD activation. So if you've got a HD box but want to replace a secondary box you won't get a HD activation fee but might have a postage/one off equipment fee.

I've never quite managed to make any sense of NTL and VM's upgrade fees, and I suspect many of their call centre workers aren't in any better position given the conflicting information I've had from them in the past.

Back
Top Bottom