Virgin Mobile - wifi calling not working

Associate
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the mobile phone section. I've just moved from EE to Virgin. The number was transferred today. I have an 11 Pro. I've turned on wifi calling in settings but it doesn't appear to be working. There's a XS in the house that also has a Virgin sim in it, that pretty much immediately shows "wificall" as soon as wifi is toggled on. I've tried resetting the network settings and also making sure it has the latest network settings in "About". Am I missing something?

Associate
OP
Swap the sims to isolate the mobile account vs the device
Ok, just done that. The SIM card in the XS, shows WiFicall on my 11 Pro. The SIM card in my 11 Pro, doesn’t show WiFicall in the XS. I think WiFi calling hasn’t been enabled on my account. Trying to sort it with Virgin via their text message service.

Commissario
This may be a red herring but I'm going with it anyway.

When WiFi calling first appeared on EE, I couldn't get it working. No matter what I tried, it just didn't work. I spent literally hours in the local EE shop and nothing we could do would make it work. It all appeared enabled on my account, they removed and added it multiple times, we tried multiple devices and it just wouldn't work.

In the end, after months of trying different things, it turned out it was the SIM. My SIM was very old and I'd had it for years, just swapping it between devices as I upgraded. They eventually sent me a new SIM and moved my number to it and *bingo*, WiFi calling started working.

Associate
OP
I did wonder if it could be something wrong with the SIM. I’ve got it sorted now, it hadn’t been enabled on my account for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom