Vista 64 problem

Suspended
Hi

Yesterday i got home to find that my pc had crashed so when i rebooted it ran a disc check that seemed to delete loads of corrupted files, the only problem now is that i can't get into the desktop it just seems to sit at the black screen with the mouse pointer just before the welcome one and goes no further. First thing i tried was to boot to safe mode but i still have the same problem there and when i tried windows repair it said there was no problem to repair. Has anyone had this problem and has fixed it or does anyone know how to fix it as i really could do with getting my emails if nothing else from this drive before formatting if it's needed.

Cheers.

Oh yeh i'm running Home premium 64.

Associate
Have you tried pressing F8 twice on boot and selecting Debugging mode from the menu. This should also give you screen dump and a memory Dump. Have you got a Backup of your system. Ghost or True Image are best. The latter has he ability to restore to the previous state. When active the Acronis is the safest bet for backup. If you haven't got a backup you have to resort to MS recoery console to backup yur existing files or reinstall as an upgrade to recover what files you wish to recover. The old install will be able to access your previous install to access your old files. Not a big help but if you are going to have things like this go wrong you should be prepared to backup your system regularly. and a good offline drive is essential these days with any O/S.
Backup any documents and EMAILs and program Keys so that they do not get lost.

Back
Top Bottom