Office 2003
Klite codec pack
Emule
Java
win rar - theres no point having this.
DVD shrink
Quick time 7 pro
Winamp 5.22
Quake 4 - Performance was bad, that may be due to the last install the driver was faulty. i have not got the control panel :)
Azureus
BF2
Adaware 6

More to come in the next few days

list of apps that dont work.

Disk keeper 9 - Although it says it does work on beta1 on the webpage
NOD32 anti virus
Sygate firewall

Im sure more to come

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the java update.
I will try the NOD32 again, as i was trying it on 64bit version. im back on 32bit.

I had nvidia troubles on 64bit vista.

nod32 gave me this:

this look like i dont have all the rights to the harddrive, however i can install all of the above programs. Albeit useing the windows installer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
go to the MS site and either sign up for "microsoft connect" or even better sign up for an MSDN account. you will have to pay for the operating systems subscriptions. about £150

Associate
janesssssy said:
go to the MS site and either sign up for "microsoft connect" or even better sign up for an MSDN account. you will have to pay for the operating systems subscriptions. about £150

You made me go to the msdn subscription site :p

Just went through the process and for that subscription its £551.08 inc vat :eek:

Nearly got my CC out lol

But having seen the Vista 2 demo at the CTS show, seemed very good, except when they managed to crash explorer 5 times..

Etrust AV works with Vista, only about £7 to buy, so not the end of the world.

Soldato
What are the graphics requirements for vista? I mean is it something that could be run on a macbook (bootcamp permitting) with it's integrated GMA950 chip that shares the system's memory?

Permabanned
RobH said:
What are the graphics requirements for vista? I mean is it something that could be run on a macbook (bootcamp permitting) with it's integrated GMA950 chip that shares the system's memory?

hmm probably not if you want to use Aero, without it no problems

Soldato
Talbs13 said:
I think i stick with Windows XP, i refuse to pay that price for Vista. Yikes.
Did you not read the bit where I said you'll be able to download it for free inside a couple of weeks?

NOD32 appears to run perfectly on the 32bit version for me on a few pcs...

EDIT: Probably works because I disable IMON when installing, so I never experienced that issue!

Last edited:
Soldato
ballistic said:
hmm probably not if you want to use Aero, without it no problems
I believe that chipset is about the only one with WDDM drivers, so Aero will probably work... probably not very well at the moment though.

Soldato
OP
Talbs13 said:
I think i stick with Windows XP, i refuse to pay that price for Vista. Yikes.

like i said there are different levels of subscription. The one i have is just for operating systems which is about £150. this is not just for vista but any thing that falls under that catagory.

Nod32 now works fine with out imon enabled. thank you.

Back
Top Bottom