Vista, Vista, Vista, Vista, Vista and Vista

Associate
Looking good here :)

Vista.jpg

Associate
drdimmer said:
EVOII - could you happen to tell us what spec machine that is running on?

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Epox 9npa Ultra
2 Gig Corsair Value Select
7800 GTX

It's not perfect, but useable. Looking forward to the final release :) and proper drivers.

Soldato
No WinFS at all until the first service pack. When it's out I imagine you can use it on all editions (being that it will be rather useful to desktop search gubbins).

Soldato
Looks like Home Prem for me. Don't need the additional lark that Uber Super Dooper Ultimate gives me, but I am concerned about one thing, and its a stupid thing - Is there better performance using ultimate then the lower packs? Supersite seems to very roughly suggest that.

Soldato
Kainz said:
Looks like Home Prem for me. Don't need the additional lark that Uber Super Dooper Ultimate gives me, but I am concerned about one thing, and its a stupid thing - Is there better performance using ultimate then the lower packs? Supersite seems to very roughly suggest that.
No. Performance will be the same between all editions :)

Associate
EVOII said:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Epox 9npa Ultra
2 Gig Corsair Value Select
7800 GTX

It's not perfect, but useable. Looking forward to the final release :) and proper drivers.

Cheers, nice spec. Am i right in presuming this has the power to run the OS, just unfortunately not the driver support yet?

By the way, I presume you are you a beta tester? MDSN?

Soldato
That system is about 3-4x more powerful than what is required for Vista. The problem is driver support and the fact that pre-release Windows OSes have large amounts of debug code instilled into them.

Soldato
NathanE said:
That system is about 3-4x more powerful than what is required for Vista. The problem is driver support and the fact that pre-release Windows OSes have large amounts of debug code instilled into them.
Ah exellent news. Wasn't sure about Vista's requirements for this. So my 3700, Epox 9NPA Ultra, 2Gb RAM, x1800 512Mb will be more than fast enough?

That pleases me no end, that does.

Soldato
MarcLister said:
Ah exellent news. Wasn't sure about Vista's requirements for this. So my 3700, Epox 9NPA Ultra, 2Gb RAM, x1800 512Mb will be more than fast enough?

That pleases me no end, that does.
If you've got a modern graphics card with at least 128MB graphics memory then that system is more than adequate for running Aero Glass.

Soldato
PinkPig said:
Why? In my opinion it's not an issue in the slightest, people buying a cheap PC to send email with don't care about a snazzy 3D interface, especially since it would push the price up all round.
lol - if the PC consumer market is anything like our end users, it's the snazzy gfx they're after! They see it, think it's all nice and pretty - and subsequently want it :D

Caporegime
Is the old school "add font" dialog still there :p

Oh, also the desktop search will be there even though WinFS isn't.

Back
Top Bottom