1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visual Styles

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Steve Watford, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Steve Watford

Gangster

i need a good visual styles website that doesn't require a program to run (like windows blinds) i need one that i can use with the uxtheme patch.

Thnaks in advance.

2. dunker

Mobster

3. Steve Watford

Gangster

Thanks, but now another problem has arised.

When I try to install the themes it says the themes service isn't running, so I go into RUN > Services.msc and try to find themes service, nothing. Which service does themes actually use? I think i might have removed it with my nLite slimmed down install. is there anyway to put it back onto my system?

4. TriedandTested

Capodecina

there should be a server there listed as 'Themes'. I had a issue with that uxtheme patch before, could have been this same one..not 100% sure how i fixed it but you may want to undo the patch and try again.

5. Steve Watford

Gangster

I cant find an undo for the patch, any help?

I think i might have removed it with nLite, any way to reload it onto my system?

6. TriedandTested

Capodecina

I thought you just used the same little app to reverse it, no?

If you've been using nLite then i cant really help...not played with it myself yet.

7. Steve Watford

Gangster

Nope, the app just patches it, no option to undo it. I have a system restore for before i done it, but since then ive gotten 4+ GB of apps, i dont really want to resort to that.