Vodafone Cust Service

Suspended
Been on vodafone for a 24 months contract, rang up last night to renew it. I'd looked online and wanted to get the W810i on the Anytime 75, which worked out at 75 mins +100 texts at £16 a month with 3 half price months and the phone for £70.

I told the customer services man I wanted to drop down to Anytime 75 and he told me it was £20 a month with no texts and the phone would cost me £50 since I was an existing customer. When I told him I'd looked it up online and how much it was he got very sheepish and started saying that the online offer was no good for me because i'd need to get a new number, something that I don't mind doing. I said I wanted to cancel my current account and i'd sign up for a new account off the webby. He put me on hold while he went to talk to his superviser, after about 5 mins he came back and said he could offer me the current online deal with the phone for £50.

I said I still wasn't sure, so he upped the half price line rental to 6 months and gave me free delivery on the phone, which should be here Thursday. I thought it was a complete con really by them, if I hadn't done some research, as i expect most people don't I'd have taken a much worse offer than I got at the end.

Associate
Mook said:
Been on vodafone for a 24 months contract, rang up last night to renew it. I'd looked online and wanted to get the W810i on the Anytime 75, which worked out at 75 mins +100 texts at £16 a month with 3 half price months and the phone for £70.

I told the customer services man I wanted to drop down to Anytime 75 and he told me it was £20 a month with no texts and the phone would cost me £50 since I was an existing customer. When I told him I'd looked it up online and how much it was he got very sheepish and started saying that the online offer was no good for me because i'd need to get a new number, something that I don't mind doing. I said I wanted to cancel my current account and i'd sign up for a new account off the webby. He put me on hold while he went to talk to his superviser, after about 5 mins he came back and said he could offer me the current online deal with the phone for £50.

I said I still wasn't sure, so he upped the half price line rental to 6 months and gave me free delivery on the phone, which should be here Thursday. I thought it was a complete con really by them, if I hadn't done some research, as i expect most people don't I'd have taken a much worse offer than I got at the end.

They all do that. IF you can get away with offering less to ignorant customers why bother offering them more. Shame, but all the networks are out to screw you over.

Soldato
spirit said:
They all do that. IF you can get away with offering less to ignorant customers why bother offering them more. Shame, but all the networks are out to screw you over.
I wouldn't say they are all like that. Orange CS seem to very helpful whenever I have contacted them. But the comment is definately true for Vodafone. I've dealt with them many times and not only do they have generally very poor CS but they'll do anyting to squeeze a bit more money out of you. I wouldn't deal with Vodafone now even if there were a free top of the range handset and good tariff on offer.

Associate
spirit said:
I think a better phrase to use is this:

'All companies are out to make money.'

Suspended
OP
Yeah true I suppose, just daft to offer completely different to what there website says, its not unreasonable to expect to someone to have checked online these days.

I originally left Orange a few years back because there CS were so unhelpful in sorting a new package out for me at the time.

Back
Top Bottom