1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone router

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Allen jones, 8 Jan 2021.

1. Allen jones

Associate

Hi I signed up for Vodafone broadband in nov last year and it’s rubbish it says I’m getting 46 mb on the app but if I connect my laptop direct I can’t get more than30 mb also the WiFi is awfull even with two wireless repeaters fitted I’ve tried getting Vodafone to sort it but to be quite frank the people haven’t got a clue plus I can’t change the WiFi channel on the router because Vodafone changed the software on it 3 days after I got it so the channel is now fixed anyone got any answers please

2. bremen1874

Capodecina

Given up on punctuation for the new year?

Are you asking for a recommendation for a replacement router?

46 meg on what app?

By connected directly do you mean with a network cable straight to the router?

3. Allen jones

Associate

46 meg on the Vodafone broadband app.
    Yes it was a direct connection to the router with a network cable .
    And yes I’ll take a recommendation for a router .

4. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

46meg is fine since your on the 50meg package

5. Allen jones

Associate

No that’s what it shows on their app not what I’m actually getting

6. Caged

Capodecina

Yeah it's pretty standard for Vodafone. The only fix is to leave. If you're in contract then you need to put your complaint in writing so you can be let out your contract.

7. img

Hitman

I have been stuck with Vodafone and changed it to a zenwifi xt8. The wireless is good and firmware is now pretty stable. You need to ask them for the login details. I have never got exactly the speed any provider said with bt, sky etc.

8. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

Seen this before people running speed tests but arent clued up enough to understand that if other people are watching youtube or windows updates are going on its going to drop your speed test scores. And wifi not best to speed test with unless you've done proper scans to check frequency congestion etc and not optimized it proper.