Vodka

Associate
KaHn said:
where were you and how many was there? As our tab in Harvey nicks in manchester was well over 2k for 10 or 12 of us.

KaHn

lol ?

what was point of that?

sputnik is nice too, but i only ever got a few free small bottles of it, never found a big bottle.

Soldato
spirit said:
lol ?

what was point of that?

sputnik is nice too, but i only ever got a few free small bottles of it, never found a big bottle.

It had about as much point as you posting again, I quoted the guy as it seemed like a willy waving experience and I wanted to know if 2 had spent that amount of money or if it was 60 of them. It was a valid question as I was curious.

KaHn

Soldato
neil-ste said:
Stolichnaya or Stoli as it's more commonly known. It really is nice and smooth and has a cool clean taste to it. It's quite cheap to, suprisingly.

I think Daz has previously recommended Stoli, and on the basis of his (and perhaps a few others') views, I picked a bottle up last week courtesy of Oddbins and am currently enjoying it, straight from the freezer. There's a significantly reduced aftertaste compared with Smirnoff et al (The only other Vodkas I've tried are the usual suspects).

Man of Honour
Fusion said:
I think Daz has previously recommended Stoli, and on the basis of his (and perhaps a few others') views, I picked a bottle up last week courtesy of Oddbins and am currently enjoying it, straight from the freezer. There's a significantly reduced aftertaste compared with Smirnoff et al (The only other Vodkas I've tried are the usual suspects).

Stoli is good enough to drink without putting it in the freezer, mildly chilled is all it needs, if that. If you particularly like very cold vodka then that is absolutely your choice but I'm just pointing out that it doesn't need freezing. I only tend to freeze cheap vodkas if I am drinking at home, if it is in a bar then dilution with enough mixer usually sorts it :)

Zubrowka as mentioned is a lovely vodka as well, particularly good with apple juice, as the Poles drink it. Boru from Ireland seemed pretty good when I last had some although it doesn't appear to be sold in shops here other than over the internet.

Associate
Ketel One vodka is a great alternative to Grey Goose, also as previously mentioned Stoli do some brilliant flavoured vodkas. A bottle of Ketel One sells for around 20 pounds in my shop, Stoli a few quid cheaper :)

Soldato
Dave77 said:
Hello,

I dont post often on here but...

I like Vodka and was wondering what the members thought was the best Vodka available to buy in the UK was.

Personally, I am thinking Grey Goose is the best at around 30 pounds a bottle but I'm open to suggestions. Also, does anyone know any shop/superstore that stocks Grey Goose locally to them?

Also, I am travelling to wither Vegas or NYC soon and was wondering if the majority of bars in NYC have a decent Vodka Selection. I also like Whisky and would hope bars in the states have a decent selection :)

Cheers

Dave

Triple Distilled Smirnoff.

Soldato
tescos 6 quid vodka is good..........................

as a nitro mors alternative :o

usually go for smirnoff for its not too cheap and not too costly

daz

daz

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Stoli is good enough to drink without putting it in the freezer, mildly chilled is all it needs, if that.

Deliciously crisp clean vodka need not be put in the freezer. :)
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom