Voltage settings?!

Associate
Hi All,

Im trying desperately to get my new HTPC system working smoothly but im having a few issues and really hope someone can help, heres my spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 2.80GHz
DFI Lan Party JR P45-T2RS Intel P45
OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2
Corsair VX 450W ATX Power Supply

Here are my default voltage settings:

DSC00333.jpg

Ok so my problem is when i start tweaking these things my system becomes unstable and crashes so im guessing im not doing something right :confused:

I set the DRAM speed from auto to 266/1066;
I believe my ram needs 2.1V so had to manual increase this until the DRAM voltage reached over 2.1V (only just over im not sure how much over 2.1 i should set it if its affected by Vdroop??)

However when i do this, the system doesnt seem to be very stable sometimes restarting itself? do i need to increase the CPU core voltage?

+ CPUZ still reports this ram as being pc2-6400? do i need to up the DRAM voltage to more than 2.1V?

Any help is greatly appreciated, after fixing a few other bugs with this HTPC im almost there :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
hmm, i have increased the dram and NB voltage and changed the dram speed to 266/1066 - the system seems to be stable but CPUZ still thinks im using pc2 - 6400(400mhz) and I have a ratio of 1:2. Is this because i have 2 ram strips so effectively i have 266/(1066x2)? Is that a good thing or not? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom