1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo S70 CD 2.3 T5

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Guv, 9 Jun 2006.

1. Guv

Mobster

Someone in my family is looking at buying one of these.
    1997 P reg, 120k miles, full volvo service history.
    Look to be in pretty good condition.

I don't know much about the car. Has anyone here owned one or got any opinions?

thanks

2. James_N

Sgarrista

3. Guv

Mobster

I haven't seen it so can't say for sure but that definitely looks like it could be it.
    I've never driven a volvo, but with the T5 engine at 240bhp they can't be that bad :)

4. James_N

Sgarrista

Good cars volvo's :) underated, and for the most part, older volvos are so cheap :)

5. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Proper Volvos, good price :)

None of this S40 rubbish :p

6. House

Mobster

I drive an S60 T5 and they are fantastic cars, Parking them is a mare, servicing can be abit expensive, and its very thirsty round town (lot of metal to get up to speed) but it still puts a smile on my face when i put my foot down after 18 months owning it.

S70 i would imagine would be the same but "more of it"

7. Gaygle

Capodecina

My mum owns a S80 and the sound it makes when you rev it is quite :eek: . When she first got it and let my bro rev it, i was SHOCKED. it sounded so good and i wasn't expecting it from a volvo. Very good cars, and the T5's just add the sweet acceleration. Also, i know the S80 is very safe indeed, and imagine the s70 would be pretty much the same. I'd go for it tbh, and remember, police have Volvo T5's, so they can't be too shabby can they?! :D

8. Dr House

Capodecina

I have been in a T5 R many years ago and i still remember how much i fell in love with it. Really really nice car and I dont think you will find a non jap car with that much power for so little money.