• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which GPU should humbug buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I'm used to it :D

@Martini1991 New 9900K £330, Gigabite Aorus Pro Z390 £160, total £490, 5800X £440 for the CPU alone. (if you can find one)

Yes i'm looking at Intel again.

I wouldn't upgrade at all. Stick on the half or quarter cpu :) honestly is it worth the spend? For me it's wait till about the middle of next year on the cpu front and see what amd/intel can bring. I'm still rocking a 1950x in the main rig. :) 3600 in the second rig. In reality there really isn't mental gains to be had >1080p in gaming.

The market is also too mental for buying right now imo, prices are too high and retailers/manufacturers are taking the **** a little. I'm normally one for jumping on a new amd gpu but there is no way I am allowing myself to be bent over for an upgrade.

Caporegime
I wouldn't upgrade at all. Stick on the half or quarter cpu :) honestly is it worth the spend? For me it's wait till about the middle of next year on the cpu front and see what amd/intel can bring. I'm still rocking a 1950x in the main rig. :) 3600 in the second rig. In reality there really isn't mental gains to be had >1080p in gaming.

I upgrade major components about once every 2 years, not necessarily because i really need to, but because new stuff is shiny, and i could do with a fast 8 core CPU and the money is burning a hole in my pocket, theres only so long it will sit in my account before it gets spent on fast junk food because i'm too lazy to cook a few dozen times, if it doesn't get spent on hardware within the first couple of weeks of it being available it will start to go.

No chance of getting the GPU i want at the price i want until well into next year, we all know that, AMD have lost their minds charging £450 for an 8 core CPU, its gone to their heads, its not THAT much better than a 9900K and while i prefer to support AMD i have ZERO brand loyalty, especially not when they are overcharging for their products.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He’s thinking about buying an Intel CPU instead. This is not a joke either. I was shocked and appalled when I heard.

Who in their right mind would buy an Intel CPU these days? :p
Agreed. He does say and do things that at times makes me think he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic :p

poor @humbug - I don't think you deserved this level of stringing up. :p
He does bring it upon himself though at times :D

If you've got a 3600 I'd just stick with that to be truthfully honest.
Agreed. I have one and have no intention of upgrading for another year or two. I mean it only came out last year for god sakes. The shine has not even worn off imo. Still loving mine. Maybe he is upset that he got turd of a silicon that can barely keep stock clocks, let alone overclock :D

i have ZERO brand loyalty
Lol :p

Caporegime
OP
The thing is tho TNA why is that funny? People keep calling me an AMD fonboy but don't realize i have had more components from Intel and Nvidia than most people accusing me of that have had birthdays.
Because you dare to criticise the brand a lot of people here buy, it comes with the territory.

That's why we need to get you back on team red. :p

Man of Honour
I upgrade major components about once every 2 years, not necessarily because i really need to, but because new stuff is shiny, and i could do with a fast 8 core CPU and the money is burning a hole in my pocket, theres only so long it will sit in my account before it gets spent on fast junk food because i'm too lazy to cook a few dozen times, if it doesn't get spent on hardware within the first couple of weeks of it being available it will start to go.

No chance of getting the GPU i want at the price i want until well into next year, we all know that, AMD have lost their minds charging £450 for an 8 core CPU, its gone to their heads, its not THAT much better than a 9900K and while i prefer to support AMD i have ZERO brand loyalty, especially not when they are overcharging for their products.

Don't do it cptn! Put it aside and buy when the timing is right. Either that or grab a b550 board and sit tight. You know a 9900k doesn't make sense, not because it is bad but because it doesnt make sense. Even a 10700k makes more sense. For me though barely anything makes sense at current prices. I'm thinking I want a 6900xt but I guarantee you I wont be happy with the prices.

5000 series TR + 6900xt + my current ram/everything else sounds like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom